1st 360 laptop finished!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

weaver
1st 360 laptop finished!

Post by weaver » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:36 am

Here is my 360 laptop that I've been working on for about 2 months now.

Specifications:
9" screen
250 GB HDD
Jtagged Falcon console (play back-ups off HDD)
12v modded stock fans
gpu heatsink replaced with cpu heatsink since there is no disk drive.
1W stereo speakers.

Here you can see the volume knob and video out switch.

There is a separate power cord for the monitor.

***Update: VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7FDsF56eyA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by weaver on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamax92

Re: 1st 360 laptop finished!

Post by gamax92 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Ohh i see. its a 360 with built in speakers and a screen.

Would it not be a good idea to have a 2 outlet surge protector.

Or could that blow a fuse.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

Hifeno
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Hifeno » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:00 pm

I like this. I was thinking of doing a laptop similar to this.
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weaver

Post by weaver » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:46 pm

I got it for sale in the trade thread if anyones interested. I'm going to be making another one if it sells. I'm asking $900 and I almost put that much into it plus 2 months of labor. PM me if interested.

Hrduncan
Portablizer

Post by Hrduncan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:24 pm

i just want to know who else thinks this is pointless? its still cool and all but why not do something else with an xbox ?
check out my blog!

http://hrduncan.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Yah, i do.
I do, i really do.
Last edited by gamax92 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

weaver

Post by weaver » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Hrduncan wrote:i just want to know who else thinks this is pointless?
Who else thinks this guys post is pointless?
its still cool and all but why not do something else with an xbox ?
what would you do? it still can be played on a regular tv with the video out feature. It even has HDMI since it's a Falcon.
Last edited by weaver on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:35 pm

weaver wrote:
Hrduncan wrote:i just want to know who else thinks this is pointless? its still cool and all but why not do something else with an xbox ?
Who else thinks this guys post is pointless?
Who thinks weaver's post is pointless.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

weaver

Post by weaver » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Hifeno wrote:I like this. I was thinking of doing a laptop similar to this.
Do it man. For some reason I find playing on a smaller screen really fun.

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Seriously do you guys have nothing better to do than put down peoples work?

Go do some mods yourselves and stop spending all your time on the Internet putting down other peoples work. :roll:

So what if it's pointless to you. He did what he wanted for himself. As my pappy used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"

Good work Weaver. Be proud of the fact you are a Doer and not just a Talker like some of the others.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:07 pm

I dont have any thing to mod. I broke my playstation, broke my playstation 2, sold my dreamcast, sold my nintendo 64, broke my gamecube, destroyed my fan, broke a computer, broke a flashlight, threw away all my leds, threw away, all my switches, broke my plug in play, broke my controllers, broke my multimeter, broke a lamp, broke a lamp cord, shatered a light switch cover, burned a outlet cover, broke my digital camera, broke my tv remote, threw away tv, almost destroyed a tv with a wii numchuck, returned my cell phone for a broken card reader, blew up some batteries, destroyed a microwave (tin foil), broke a bluetooth dongle, broke a flashdrive, dont have any cf cards, no xbox, no wii, blew up a speaker, fryed my cell phone, destroyed a mother board, and blew up some capacitors.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:11 pm

gamax92 wrote:I dont have any thing to mod. I broke my playstation, broke my playstation 2, sold my dreamcast, sold my nintendo 64, broke my gamecube, destroyed my fan, broke a computer, broke a flashlight, threw away all my leds, threw away, all my switches, broke my plug in play, broke my controllers, broke my multimeter, broke a lamp, broke a lamp cord, shatered a light switch cover, burned a outlet cover, broke my digital camera, broke my tv remote, threw away tv, almost destroyed a tv with a wii numchuck, returned my cell phone for a broken card reader, blew up some batteries, destroyed a microwave (tin foil), broke a bluetooth dongle, broke a flashdrive, dont have any cf cards, no xbox, no wii, blew up a speaker, fryed my cell phone, destroyed a mother board, and blew up some capacitors.
LOL, that actually got me laughing pretty good. :lol:
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

weaver

Post by weaver » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:27 pm

hailrazer wrote:Seriously do you guys have nothing better to do than put down peoples work?

Go do some mods yourselves and stop spending all your time on the Internet putting down other peoples work. :roll:

So what if it's pointless to you. He did what he wanted for himself. As my pappy used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"

Good work Weaver. Be proud of the fact you are a Doer and not just a Talker like some of the others.
Thanks man. I was starting to think everyone in the world had gone mad lol :P

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:14 pm

nice work!, im curious as to how it can play backup's off the hard drive though, is that part of microsofts inbuilt feature or has the 360 been softmodded OR does the jtag cover that?
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

weaver

Post by weaver » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:18 pm

blaze3927 wrote:nice work!, im curious as to how it can play backup's off the hard drive though, is that part of microsofts inbuilt feature or has the 360 been softmodded OR does the jtag cover that?
The jtag allows the system to run homebrew/unsigned code and run back-ups. There's even a snes emulator on there but, it only plays roms that are under 4MB in size.