N64 Powering on issue and LED's - HELP NEEDED :S

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

liam17
N64 Powering on issue and LED's - HELP NEEDED :S

Post by liam17 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:58 am

Hi,

I have started to customize my N64. I have painted the casing and now started to tackle the "guts".

I initially swapped the red LED for a blue LED. To begin with this didn't work the LED would not come on....I pulled it around a bit re-soldered it and turned it on again. Nothing....I left it over night and when I woke up switched it on and it worked. I have since had it working and used it. Unscrewed it checked the board over, plugged it in nothing....stood it on its side plugged it in again and it worked. laid it down, put it back together and it continued to work.

I opened it up again last night to add some vent LED's (green and blue). I attached it to the 3.3v line where the power supply connects and to the ground next to it. It worked! but it was connected before the switch meaning it was on constantly. So I followed the 3.3v line and attached the LED to the point after the switch and the ground back where the power supply connects. But when I flicked the switch...nothing the console didn't power up.

I disconnected the LED and tried to power it on again and still nothing.

Does it sound like I have done something wrong? Or is this simply a faulty N64 (only had it 5 days). If you think its something I have done can some one please provide me a diagram or instructions to show me where to attach vent LED's to the board. (I am buying another N64 tonight to try again)

Many thanks!! :D

MarioOwnsAll

Re: N64 Powering on issue and LED's - HELP NEEDED :S

Post by MarioOwnsAll » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 pm

If you soldered the leds up to the pins where the power supply connects to the board and it worked (constantly) and it didn't work when you soldered both positive and negative to the power switch then I suggest soldering positive to the power pins in the top left corner of the board and ground it on the power switch, that way you will still be getting power from the same source and you can still control wheather or not the leds are on.

Hope that helps.

MarioOwnsAll

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 am

test if you shorted any of the power lines where you soldered the led. now and before.

In soviet russia, All Owns Mario.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

Hrduncan
Portablizer

Post by Hrduncan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:46 pm

just choose a 3.3v line to solder to it will work unless youve hooked up the leds backwards
check out my blog!

http://hrduncan.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;