Growing up on BenHeck.com

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534
Re: Growing up on BenHeck.com

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:03 pm

I've been on here for a year and a half, now I'm going into my senior year of high school. The forum has changed quite a bit since then. There was so much animosity between the members (it seemed to start all around the time I joined, and it was over such stupid things), which grew until a few months short of a year ago, when it finally calmed down. I find it to be a much better place now that every thread doesn't turn into an argument and there's fewer (not really any) immature members. This was my least favorite online community for a while, and I defected to MR and back again.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:32 am

I honestly made the worst posts possible when I joined here, and now I'm back after a while of inactivity

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:13 am

Super Cameraman wrote:I'd also like to take this time to apologize for appearing to be really unlikable in those old posts. Maybe I'm being melodramatic but when I read these posts I want to find that kid and just punch him in the head!
Im the same as Nonsense Man.

Well. Reading my old posts (2008) Id say that as well.

I didnt exactly grow up on BenHeck, But looking at my previous posts, compared to what I make now on other forums, I have changed a lot. And need to get that through on this forum aswell.

To all who despite me from my other 150+ worthless posts on this forum, I am sorry for them. I have changed, Just look at my post structure on The Mac Porting Team.

I hop to get more active on this forum, and keep the really useless and wrong accusations away from now on.

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:41 pm

This was me
http://www.instructables.com/member/weebl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exactly
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:11 pm

kinda sad I stopped frequenting here and more or less stopped making portables. I still have my latest project about half way done and it's been that way for at least a year maybe more. today was the first time in a long while that I decided to lurk the forums and i think it's kind of funny seeing a thread like this.
I am about to start my second year of college as an electrical engineering major and I absolutely love it. my favorite class so far was one that required labs to be done on a bread board and it definitely made me remember all of the projects that this site lead me to try. It always made me laugh hearing some people complain about these labs when they always got me excited :P

these forums are fantastic and it is great seeing the amount of members that still are here. Hopefully I'll be back soon with something to show
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:21 pm

We want you back, TT.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Nicholai

Post by Nicholai » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:35 am

Just decided to lurk these forums and saw this thread. Pretty crazy how much life changes. I was the kid who lacked friends, I was born with an extra front tooth, which in combination with already being a pretty awkward kid, made social contact pretty tough for me. Being the smoker he is, my dad was in and out of the hospital for the past couple of years with heart-related illnesses, which is the main reason why I stopped posting here. Pretty crazy to go back and read some 12-13 year old's ramblings and realize that I rambled it.

Since my inactivity I've been with a girl for over a year now, and my dad's doing good, and I got the extra tooth yanked out and braces to align them (They had to turn one of my front teeth 90 degrees. No fun. :D). Oh yeah, and I learned how to play guitar, which is pretty cool I guess. It's nice to see this is still an intelligent and productive community. Anyway, back to the shadows. :D

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Wow, this thread has made me realise quite how long ive been coming here. I'm 2 months short of 5 years, doesn't seem like it at all.

And i still have my half made SNES portable sitting on my shelf collecting dust :lol:
one day...one day...

Too much to mention has happened to me in that time and im certinaly not the same quiet nerdy kid who joined all those years ago. This is still the only forum ever on the internet that i've actually been a proper member of (although 'proper' is probably the wrong word seeing as i never finished much). I guess i'm not around much anymore, but I like this forum and I like you guys as you've been good to me over the years :)

big hugs for all
/mushy crap :lol:

alentris

Post by alentris » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm just now going to try to be more active now, I've been to MGC so now I know the face behind the username for some of you lol. I definitely get modding inspiration from you guys, I'm just too lazy/ADD to post my work... I'll get on that sometime... It's been about a year and a half since I joined, I learned about the forum at MGC 2 years ago. I started modding when I was 12, and now I'm 16, so it's been forever... I need to get on the xbox original laptop sometime too...

meleniumshane90
PSN Username:meleniumshane90
360 GamerTag:meleniumshane90
Steam ID:meleniumshane90

Post by meleniumshane90 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:05 pm

All I did was piss a bunch of people off - which spawned a 3-page flame-war against me lol....
Funny thing is, it was all a misunderstanding - my response to someone being a dick was misinterpreted as a response to someone helping me. I never really read them until a month ago - but I laughed at the stupidity of it all.

Oh well - I got busy with school and web work. I've popped in over the years as I would get interested in working on my portable. I've got two I'm working on now, should be interesting. At least I have a decent soldering iron - unlike way back when. I always thought I was doing something wrong with soldering with that huge-ass Weller soldering station, but I wasn't. The tip was black from never being cleaned & wasn't transferring the heat to the solder well enough.