Safely opening and closing a ps1

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

0lenny0
Safely opening and closing a ps1

Post by 0lenny0 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:12 am

Hi.
As you can guess i want to open my psone but after that close it again.
I am going to get the slim one but before that i want to have an idea of the size,inside and stuff of the ps1.
I have a fat ps1 that i want to take a look at safely.
Is there anything i need to look at?(after removing the screws)

JLiddell97

Re: Safely opening and closing a ps1

Post by JLiddell97 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Well, here's everything you need to look at for the PSone (Slim). Sorry, i'm not sure about that fat PS1..

http://img341.imageshack.us/slideshow/w ... 01633c.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Slide show)

0lenny0

Post by 0lenny0 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Could you give me the dimensions for the disk drive(if you can on a pic sow i get a better idea)?
(the Height,Width,Length)
Its all about the disk drive for now,thats what i wanted to explore the most.
And what i actually meant(but i like the pics anway) if is there anything i need to be carefull with when opening/closing the psone.
Beceause when i'm not mistaking you could have some kind of problem close to the power or crap idk.

JLiddell97

Post by JLiddell97 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:49 pm

As long as you don't pry it open, then you're fine! :p.

But not sure if the disk drive is different size from fat PS1, but PSone (slim) is 4 inches wide, 3.5 inches length and a height of 1 inch.

Sorry you confused me :p Thanks though

0lenny0

Post by 0lenny0 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:40 am

Np i should say thanks :D .
I am going to buy a psone slim for my project but beceause i had a psone fat laying here i wonderd to open it.
Beceause i'm going to try to use a cd drive in it from a pc but i need to know how much space i need etc.

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:23 pm

I've got a Phat I'd like to portabilize at some point. The entire power board and controller/memory card board can be done away with, so it's actually smaller than the slim. If you want to take a Phat apart, there are six screws on the bottom, then the entire top half will lift off. Unplug the cables for the power board, controller ports, and cd drive, and there's four screws holding the shielding on. It's very easy to take apart and put back together.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:48 am

There just a bit blurry :|

hehe :wink:

DK

Post by DK » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:33 am

Tibia wrote:I've got a Phat I'd like to portabilize at some point. The entire power board and controller/memory card board can be done away with, so it's actually smaller than the slim. If you want to take a Phat apart, there are six screws on the bottom, then the entire top half will lift off. Unplug the cables for the power board, controller ports, and cd drive, and there's four screws holding the shielding on. It's very easy to take apart and put back together.
9000 series I presume. If you need help wiring it up, I'll be glad to help. Shoving one in a Gamegear case atm.