OnLive

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face
OnLive

Post by gamemasterAS » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:24 am

Anyone else in on this beta? Experiences?

My experience is bad so far. I can get better graphics if I just play the games myself or on 360. Also, the lag is so bad that some games are 100% unplayable. I would never want to use this for any sort of competitive game or anything as fast paced as unreal tournament.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Re: OnLive

Post by samjc3 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:33 pm

i got in for the founding members thing and the beta. but i havent played either yet. i dont plan to either. its basically an Uber DRM enabled Lag fest, from what i hear. you dont even get local copies of the games you 'own". at least with steam, even if they decide you cant play your games, you still can with a little creative hacking. with this, if they decide you can not has, you can not has. bad idea.
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

hackmodford
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hackmodford » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:03 pm

I think it would be fun to make a "handheld" onlive console if it works. Sadly I don't have fast enough internet to really try it...

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:59 am

I couldn't really see it going anywhere in the first place. seemed a lot like Netflix movie streaming. At least with a respective console there isn't an enormous amount of lag during a single player.
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:10 am

Any of my computers are good enough to play the games they offer. I was also in the beta test and the lag wasn't terrible for Burnout: Paradise but the video compression is what killed it for me. I'm better off just playing Burnout: Paradise via Steam on my m15x at 1080p with max settings, no lag, and no video compression.

I think that their policies are a tad ridiculous also. A monthly fee, you pay for the games, and once you cancel your account, all the games are gone (even if you come back). That's some BS!

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:20 pm

DNT 2.5 wrote:I couldn't really see it going anywhere in the first place. seemed a lot like Netflix movie streaming. At least with a respective console there isn't an enormous amount of lag during a single player.
bad comparison. netflix movie streaming is actually a good idea, and works quite well, even without a super fast net connection. whereas OnLive is just dumb. :wink: wait a tic, did i just respond to Dnt? now i feel dirty. yuck
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

omfgcaps

Post by omfgcaps » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:37 pm

samjc3 wrote:
DNT 2.5 wrote:I couldn't really see it going anywhere in the first place. seemed a lot like Netflix movie streaming. At least with a respective console there isn't an enormous amount of lag during a single player.
bad comparison. netflix movie streaming is actually a good idea, and works quite well, even without a super fast net connection. whereas OnLive is just dumb. :wink: wait a tic, did i just respond to Dnt? now i feel dirty. yuck
actually DNT used it in good context, as his sentance developed his experience changed.