Help me get even

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

stuntpenguin007
Re: Help me get even

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:37 pm

tie fishing line around the base of the lamp, and run the line low to the ground so it can't be seen. Rig the other end of the line up to a switch that activates a different light. Preferably one that isn't easy to take out of the ground. That way if you stake out in a car or something, you don't have to sit there and stare at your led lamp all night. You just have to wait for the light to come on. Maybe that's stupid, but whatever :roll:
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

brandonk318
PSN Username:brandonk318

Post by brandonk318 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:49 am

Jon wrote:Find a glue that is activated by oils, kind of like superglue. That way when they steal it, they can hold onto them forever!
You stole my idea....lol

metalcookie

Post by metalcookie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Here's what you do:
Wait for it to be nightfall, cover your hands in washable paint, and try to take out the lamps as quickly as you can. The paint parks where the perpetrator might put his hands. Cover that region in aluminum foil or some other conductive material, rig it up to a stun gun, neon sign transformer, or any other high voltage source that triggers when you pull the light out of the ground. Then rig up something that makes a very very VERY loud noise that triggers when you pull it out of the ground. After you've got all that working put a camera facing the lamp along with more powerful lights rigged up to turn on(the camera will be always on) so all of youtube gets a clear look at his "shocked" face.

:)
Citizen Kane

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Post by humakabula1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:33 am

stake out in a tree close by and jump out when they are taking the lights :?
or you could use these...
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

skeneegee

Post by skeneegee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:59 pm

LMAO, you guys never cease to amaze me.

I bet I could get my hands on an old fire alarm horn/strobe from work and rig it up with some fishing line to the light. I think that would send a clear message.They'd probably run away as fast as they can while freaking out.

Has anyone ever seen any kind of hot pepper oil or something like that at a store? There must be something like that.

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know how it goes once I get what I need.
Notorious wrote:Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:07 pm

skeneegee wrote:Has anyone ever seen any kind of hot pepper oil or something like that at a store? There must be something like that.

Pure cinnamon oil. In a small bottle, as soon as you open it you'll gag. God help you if you lick it.

desertman123
PSN Username:Desertman123

Post by desertman123 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:09 pm

themadhacker wrote:infect the lights with anthrax.
I enjoy this idea.

Also:
Word to the wise: DON'T THROW ELECTRONICS AWAY!!!

Donalbain619

Post by Donalbain619 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:04 am

Make a man sized version of the board game Mouse Trap. The taking of the lights activates a bowling ball which goes through a bath tub which triggers the cage and entraps them in a prison.
I have nothing clever to say here. Sorry.

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Are they connected in anyway? If they are, you could wire it in such a way that when disconnected, it activates a spotlight/noise/alarm/camera.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

skeneegee

Post by skeneegee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:59 pm

weaponepsilon wrote:Are they connected in anyway? If they are, you could wire it in such a way that when disconnected, it activates a spotlight/noise/alarm/camera.

They're not connected, but I was thinking of tying fishing line from each light to a fire alarm horn strobe. I guess I'd switch the alarm by fastening the other end of the line to a piece of thin plastic which would be shoved between two contacts that are trying to touch each other. Similar to the little tag that you pull out of the battery compartment on some electronic toys.
Notorious wrote:Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:35 pm

One end tied to the trigger of a taser. Zap!

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Post by humakabula1 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:25 am

buy a toy shotgun and jump out when there taking the lights
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:37 am

If you have the time to do a stake out and a big enough bus:

Dress in as much black as you can and put the light as close to the bush as you can without being noticed. Have someone check to see if it's a good camouflage. If it is get an air horn and a paintball gun and wait for them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ABCinc

Post by ABCinc » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Jon wrote:Find a glue that is activated by oils, kind of like superglue. That way when they steal it, they can hold onto them forever!
Have you tried have you tried "gel" superglue? i don't know if you have a dollar tree where you live, but you can get it there. It takes about 30+ minutes to dry, but it dries almost instantly when it comes in contact with your skin. :mrgreen: Just an idea. :lol:
^ *Information above may be incorrect.* ^
^ *This signature may be incorrect.* ^

avert1

Post by avert1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:19 pm

metalcookie wrote:Here's what you do:
Wait for it to be nightfall, cover your hands in washable paint, and try to take out the lamps as quickly as you can. The paint parks where the perpetrator might put his hands. Cover that region in aluminum foil or some other conductive material, rig it up to a stun gun, neon sign transformer, or any other high voltage source that triggers when you pull the light out of the ground. Then rig up something that makes a very very VERY loud noise that triggers when you pull it out of the ground. After you've got all that working put a camera facing the lamp along with more powerful lights rigged up to turn on(the camera will be always on) so all of youtube gets a clear look at his "shocked" face.

:)
.........And then shoot him with a paintball gun.