Help me get even

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

skeneegee
Help me get even

Post by skeneegee » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:36 pm

I bought some of those solar powered led lights for my yard which came with the standard white leds. Anyway I modded two of them with slow color changing RGB leds and stuck them at the end of my driveway. They lasted about two weeks before being stolen, I understand because they were pretty cool but I replaced them with regular white light ones and they were stolen in less than 24 hours.

I'm sure it's just some trouble making kids but I'd love to get even somehow. I figure if I replace the lights again, they will get taken again by the same person.

I was thinking of replacing them again but douse them in something like habanero oil (if there is such a thing) or something.

Benheck forum members can be merciless sometimes so does anyone have any brilliant ideas?

-mike
Notorious wrote:Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this

limpport

Re: Help me get even

Post by limpport » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Electrify then. Nuff said.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Hand grenade taped to the side, pin tied to the ground. It will also keep them from becoming repeat offenders. 8)

I think there are actually laws against setting up booby traps for criminals. :( So make sure it isn't something too damaging to the idiots.
I'm not sure about the legality of it, but I would put up new lights, and keep watch all night with a paintball gun. Go for the groin shots, we're obviously better off without them reproducing.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:10 pm

GPS tracking module inside it. find out who stole it and report them to the cops lol

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 pm

You could set each of the lights up with an ear-shatteringly loud electric tone generator (I know they come pretty small), and rig them to turn on when they're pulled out of the ground. :twisted:
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Triton wrote:GPS tracking module inside it. find out who stole it and report them to the cops lol
Bad thing about this is that they may be selling them and/ or dumping them (if they're just being dicks), and the buyer could get in trouble and/ or you could track them to a dumpster 1 mile away.

Build a stun gun at car battery voltage, bury it below the yard next to the lamp, and hook it to the metal body of the light.

They get KO'd.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Basement_Modder wrote:Build a stun gun at car battery voltage, bury it below the yard next to the lamp, and hook it to the metal body of the light.

They get KO'd.
Open a car's hood and grab the battery terminals. As long as it isn't the high voltage pack in a hybrid or EV, you won't feel a thing. I did it all the time in my auto tech class because some people were so freaked out. :mrgreen:

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:12 pm

vskid wrote:
Basement_Modder wrote:Build a stun gun at car battery voltage, bury it below the yard next to the lamp, and hook it to the metal body of the light.

They get KO'd.
Open a car's hood and grab the battery terminals. As long as it isn't the high voltage pack in a hybrid or EV, you won't feel a thing. I did it all the time in my auto tech class because some people were so freaked out. :mrgreen:
CoilWireCoilWireCoilWireCoilWireCoilWireCoilWireCoilWire
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:19 pm

vskid wrote:

They get KO'd.
I love doing that. There's one person on my robotics that thought touching the terminals would electrocute you, and I kept touching them to piss him off.

I'm for the staying all night until they come back to steal the new ones.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:21 pm

cover them in habanero extract like you said. or itching powder.

smitty

Post by smitty » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Itching powder doesn't work. My friends pored some in my sleeping bag while I was asleep and when I woke up I felt nothing.
Set up the lights so that if they're pulled out, some other light that was turned off will start flashing and make a siren noise. Then you'll know when they're there and can catch them. Wee woo wee woo wee woo wee woo wee woo wee woo wee woo.
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

limpport

Post by limpport » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:02 am

Stay up in a car facing down your driveway, and if someone comes, turn on the car and roar down to them (honking and flashing headlights is a must)

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:54 am

infect the lights with anthrax.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:46 pm

vskid wrote:Hand grenade taped to the side, pin tied to the ground. It will also keep them from becoming repeat offenders. 8)

I think there are actually laws against setting up booby traps for criminals. :( So make sure it isn't something too damaging to the idiots.
I'm not sure about the legality of it, but I would put up new lights, and keep watch all night with a paintball gun. Go for the groin shots, we're obviously better off without them reproducing.
Frozen Paintballs :wink:
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Find a glue that is activated by oils, kind of like superglue. That way when they steal it, they can hold onto them forever!