Backup camera LCDs

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Rocklobsta
Backup camera LCDs

Post by Rocklobsta » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi. New member here. I am currently considering building an atari 2600 handheld, and am a bit stuck in deciding the lcd to use.

I recently found this on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5-LCD-Monitor-Bac ... 335d771a1c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and I was wondering if there is a specific reason that nobody has used any of these yet in a handheld. It seems to me that it would be much better than a pocket TV.

If anyone's used one, please let me know. It would make me feel much safer about buying it.

Thanks in advance.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Re: Backup camera LCDs

Post by vskid » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:02 pm

They have been used. I think all the 2.5-3.5" LCDs reviewed in the reference section are advertised as backup camera screens. I'll add them to the list of usable screens in the sticky.

Rocklobsta

Post by Rocklobsta » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks! Gonna order one right now.

limpport

Post by limpport » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:52 pm

The only problem with those screens compared to something like the Psone/Zenith screen is lack of an audio amplifier. The back up camera LCD's do not have one, so you'll have to build your own.