Portable Screen Help!

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

CrowX2M
Portable Screen Help!

Post by CrowX2M » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Alright, so after scrolling through a few of the topics, I've decided to make my own.

I'm working on making a NES-PC mod, and I'm looking for a screen that I can attach to it that will fold down for transportation. I'm looking for something that can play movies on it decently, but not something that will be too big (IE fit to the area of the top of the NES). I do have an 18" laptop moniter (still on the laptop) that if anyone can give me directions on how to connect it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys
-Crow

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Re: Portable Screen Help!

Post by Haunted360 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:43 am

You cannot connect a Laptop Monitor to a device (IE: Through RCA or AV).

You can however, maybe do it if you buy the right controller board...
The monitors I have, all have a long connector that is about 24 pins or so.

Your best bet is to get a Portable DVD Players screen like I did

Thanks

CrowX2M

Post by CrowX2M » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Well it would be running through the Standard computer monitor cable, though I tried taking the laptop case apart last night and found theres a lot of glue in it, which I don't think is supposed to be there..x.x

anyway, for that helps me for my planned L64 project so thanks ^_^

-Crow

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Laptop screen won't for sure work in anything except the laptop it came out of. There are ways to make them work, but they're almost always more expensive than buying a screen with the correct inputs in the first place.