PTH08080... don't found. help please

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

arturo_lfc
PTH08080... don't found. help please

Post by arturo_lfc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:38 am

Hi everybody. I'm a guy from Mexico City, (sorry for my english ). I wanna build a N64 portable. I've read a lot of post in this forum about how to make the N64p. I know i've to put a voltage regulator between the battery and 3.3v "in" on the n64 board, like the Ti pth08080 or pth08000, but but i don't know if Ti would send them up here. The question is if i could build a regulator and what components i'll need. I hope you can show me a diagram and a list of componets for build the regulator. and a pic of conections (if its posible) jeje :D

I was thinking on use the own 3.3v regulator that comes in the N64 AC adapter , but I do not know how to identify it either as separate from the others components. Please if you could put a picture showing and marking the 3.3v regulator on the ac adapter, i'll be very grateful.

If you have a better idea, please tell me.

Thats all for now, i'll post the begining and updating my project, y hope you can help me with the regulator

ishowernaked

Re: PTH08080... don't found. help please

Post by ishowernaked » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 am

I believe you can use one of those car chargers for cell phone. they drop the voltage from 12.0 volts to around 3.7 volts. you would just have to figure out how to drop it those extra .4 volts. hope this helps.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:07 pm

TI will ship samples anywhere.

Bacteria has the wiring diagrams on his wordpress site.

You'll need a 100mfd capacitor and a 1.8k ohm resistor (a 2.2k ohm will also work).

You can buy any of those required materials from me for a good price (shipping will only be $1.23).
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

arturo_lfc

Post by arturo_lfc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks friends, I have the idea of the cell charger too. I have a charger of a nokia cell phone but is not a car charger, is a wall charger.. it says:

input: 120v-AC/60Hz/4,8VA
output3,7v-DC/340mA

Do you think that i can use the regulator inside de charger (later i'll put a picture to see it)
If i have to put any other resistor or something like that to reduce the extra .4v. Can you tell me the componentes i´ll need?

thanks for answering

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:19 pm

You could use resistors to bring it down to 3.3V (use ohm's law).

If you want to order one of the free TI regulators, here's the link: http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/p ... ml#samples" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also buy them with the resistor and capacitor needed (already soldered) from me.

Let me know if you need help with calculating the resistance required for bringing the voltage of the phone charger down to 3.3V.

edit: there is one problem with using the phone charger, though, that I just noticed. The batteries that you use would have to be 12V. It might not work with less voltage.

Using the TI regulator is, in my opinion, the simplest solution. They'll even send it to you via FedEx.

arturo_lfc

Post by arturo_lfc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks nevermind.
I have oredered the TI regulator from TI. However i don't know if they will send my products.

Please help me with calculating the resistance required for bringing the voltage of the phone charger down to 3.3V.

for the batteries i think that is no problem, i'll could find something for here

Here is a pic of the Nokia charger regulator (i think). thanks
Attachments
140620102699.jpg
140620102699.jpg (50.8KiB)Viewed 8154 times

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:19 pm

It's 11:18 PM right now, so I'll do the calculations tomorrow when I'm not as tired. I know of people in Europe that got their regulators, so I'd imagine that TI will send you yours.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:33 pm

V=IR
V is voltage, I is current, and R is resistance. If you know two of them, you can solve for the third.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Sorry, but that isn't a regulator. That is a piece of crap. :lol:

Those designers must have been super cheap. That design uses the voltage drop from 4 diodes in series to bring the voltage down, the voltage is not very exact and isn't filtered at all. I would reccomend to not use this, and wait for the TI regulator.

edit: Actually it appears to be a bridge rectifier to convert AC to DC, and the part at the bottom is a thermal fuse. In any case, it's still not the right part

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:20 pm

marshallh wrote:Sorry, but that isn't a regulator. That is a piece of crap. :lol:

Those designers must have been super cheap. That design uses the voltage drop from 4 diodes in series to bring the voltage down, the voltage is not very exact and isn't filtered at all. I would reccomend to not use this, and wait for the TI regulator.
What he said is pretty true. Use what you have now as a last resort. Do you still need (or want) help calculating the resistance needed, or was bassmasta's post with the basic formula good enough for you?

arturo_lfc

Post by arturo_lfc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:06 pm

OK, thanks again to all of you. so the best way is wait for the TI regulator? the problem is that maybe TI don't will send it to Mexico. i don't know what to do :?
i would like to build my own regulator, if you know the list ok components, please give it to me.

could this diagram serve, i suppose that i have to use a circuit board
Attachments
2hhkmfq.png
2hhkmfq.png (2.71KiB)Viewed 8130 times

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:23 pm

arturo_lfc wrote:OK, thanks again to all of you. so the best way is wait for the TI regulator? the problem is that maybe TI don't will send it to Mexico. i don't know what to do :?
i would like to build my own regulator, if you know the list ok components, please give it to me.

could this diagram serve, i suppose that i have to use a circuit board
I am almost certain that they will send it to you in mexico. Which regulator did you order? If you need one now, I can send one to you for what it cost me, plus the small cost of postage (I'll even solder all of the additional components to it). I'll see about getting a parts list for you soon.

arturo_lfc

Post by arturo_lfc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:49 pm

hey man, this is intersting, realy you could send it to me? i'll be very very gratefull.
I ordered three samples: PTH08080WAS, PTH08080WAZ, PTH08080WAH.
Which one of them is better. Could you send me the best regulator of these three with the extra components pre-soldered, as you said?.

What will be the total cost of send the regulator, and where i'll pay. What do you need to make the bussiness.

And thanks for trying to get the list parts. :D
thank you very very much

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:16 am

The only difference between those models are the pins for surface mounting and lead free/ROHS conformity.

I can get you one with the parts soldered to it for approximately $15 (includes shipping). PM me if you're interested. I can accept payments made through google checkout or paypal, or even better, a postal money order. I may be able to charge less if you pay me with a US Dollar money order (you can get them at the post office), but the fee for the money order may be more than what I can save you.

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:32 am

I know for a fact that ti sends samples to Mexico.

That said, any 3 of those regulators are equally usable, but one of them has long thru-board legs that you can just clip off.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder