MLG Columbus

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face
MLG Columbus

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon May 31, 2010 9:44 am

Is anyone going to MLG Columbus next weekend? If so, hit me up, I'll be there with a bunch of friends.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Re: MLG Columbus

Post by Black Six » Mon May 31, 2010 11:43 am

I'll be watching the live stream. I'm so bummed they don't have a NJ event this season, I've gone to pretty much all the ones there in the past.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

gamemasterAS

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon May 31, 2010 2:00 pm

Maybe you'll see me :wink:

robm

Post by robm » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:50 pm

I happen to basically live in Columbus, but what's MLG?

Bino Gas
Portablizer

Post by Bino Gas » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Robm, I am disappoint. MLG is Major League Gaming.

gamemasterAS

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:29 pm

MLG Columbus 2010 was AWESOME! Was anyone watching the live stream? I was right on the main stage to watch the final match up between Final Boss and Instinct. Also, I won Dr.Peppers grand sweepstakes. The Prizes for that were reserved main stage seats, an Astro gaming bag, a 100$ gift card for Best Buy, 1 Year of Xbox Live and a shirt signed by Str8 Rippin. I also snagged a ton of other free stuff.

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/ ... LG%202010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:18 am

Lol. What are you going to do with all the deodorant?
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:51 am

Congrats! My friend and I were watching the live stream all weekend - it was a great tournament. It was so good to see Final Boss kicking ass and taking names again instead of placing 7th or 8th. Other than Instinct no one could really touch them. I find it funny that you got all that Str8 stuff considering they're barely even a top team these days (I've always thought Tsquared was overrated). Glad you had a good time, I know I did.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous

gamemasterAS

Post by gamemasterAS » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 am

Black Six wrote:Congrats! My friend and I were watching the live stream all weekend - it was a great tournament. It was so good to see Final Boss kicking ass and taking names again instead of placing 7th or 8th. Other than Instinct no one could really touch them. I find it funny that you got all that Str8 stuff considering they're barely even a top team these days (I've always thought Tsquared was overrated). Glad you had a good time, I know I did.
Yeah I was directly beside instinct the whole time so everyone over there was rooting for them. I kept my mouth shut because I was all for Final Boss. The only teams that signed stuff were Str8 Rippin and Triggers Down. You should go next year, it was a ton of fun.

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:50 pm

I've been to events in the Meadowlands, NYC, and Jersey City in the past. As fun as they are, it wouldn't be worth it to drive/fly from New Jersey to any of the venues they're at this year to see it live.

gamemasterAS

Post by gamemasterAS » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Black Six wrote:I've been to events in the Meadowlands, NYC, and Jersey City in the past. As fun as they are, it wouldn't be worth it to drive/fly from New Jersey to any of the venues they're at this year to see it live.
Yeah I only had to drive about an hour to get out their, then I stayed with family. While I was their I just ate free jerky, Dr. Pepper, and hot pockets. So with the split gas, 2 split foot long subs and the ticket I spent around 35 bucks.

Did you ever push your way up to the mainstage?

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:53 am

Pretty much every time I've gone I've been on the main stage for the finals. Back when they had the deal with USA and they were recording and broadcasting the events later I got to see myself on TV! :P

gamemasterAS

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 am

Black Six wrote:Pretty much every time I've gone I've been on the main stage for the finals. Back when they had the deal with USA and they were recording and broadcasting the events later I got to see myself on TV! :P
If you were watching the finals this time you saw me :P