(another)Xbox 360 portable WIP

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

rickylago2

Post by rickylago2 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Alright, I've started a 360 portable and it's about time ive got some pictures up.
Before I start with pictures I'll say the base of my case will be .08" aluminum sheet. The walls will be .08" thick ABSplus plastic(on a uprint 3d printer). These pieces are little 2" long pieces that are(currently) together with just masking tape for a mock-up. They will later be pvc glued together and bondo'd then JB welded to the aluminum base. The inside cover for the bottom half will probably be partly aluminum and partly printed plastic.
I'm waiting on my screen to show up (Gateway that Ben Heck uses in his portables or KDS k-726mwb) and trying to decide on heatsinks.-- will these work?(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... _-35114093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
There will be a hot swappable HDD port just like default console. 802.11 wireless, HDMI out, component out, no keyboard in this one, both memory ports, one ATX power port, and 2 USB ports.
The dimensions are going to be 17.16"L x 13.16"W x 2.55"H (lol precise? i drew myparts up in SolidWorks)
color scheme=Black and red

Basic layout of xbox components:

One of the pieces used to make the case:

Outside bevel(1.08"):

Inside Bevel(1"):

Me trying to show you the thickness Without the cover on this it is 1.48" just about perfect in comparison to the disc drive. the HDD sticks up a tiny sliver more than the disc drive when connected to the HDD connector that will be on the base.:

PS sorry for the messy workbench I'm working on an xbox original mod too lol
Hackify me cap'n!

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Re: (another)Xbox 360 portable WIP

Post by jdmlight » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:02 am

rickylago2 wrote:PS sorry for the messy workbench I'm working on an xbox original mod too lol
Don't apologize for a messy workbench. That just means you use it. :wink: Most benheckers' workbenches are messy, I know mine is. :lol:

Anyway, looking good so far!
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

own16

Re: (another)Xbox 360 portable WIP

Post by own16 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:23 pm

How much would u charge for a 360 portable at least 2 sub ports and 17-23 inch screen and keyboard and cam?

rickylago2

Post by rickylago2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Wow. I completely forgot I started this thread!
Well, I've made a lot of progress with this project. Just haven't been posting any of it.
All i really have to do is finish up my case and I'm basically done.
Anyways, I've got a few pictures on my phone that I'll show. Layout of the portable has changed and I decided on an internal power supply because I had the room.
New layout. Everything is just sitting in there now. Nothing is in its permanent setting.
12v evga graphics card fan.
Showing the fan.
Inverter board+ new power board. (on top of some peppers :P)
Showing the connections from on board to the other.

Need to move a few of the caps for better air flow. And move the USB+Ethernet, main USB, and rol.
Forgot my av cable+speakers somewhere else so that's not showing.

Questions/comments/criticism always welcome.
Hackify me cap'n!