GameCube Portable Guide "How To and FAQ"

Moderator:Moderators

kasar
Re: GameCube Portable Guide "How To and FAQ"

Post by kasar » Mon May 10, 2010 2:28 pm

shinigami679 wrote:how do i know if its composite though oh yeah and where did you get your ion lithium batteries from?

easy, composite cable should look like this at one side:

about the lithium batteries I used on my portable, I got them from a acer Travelmate 240 laptop,
I used the 6600 mah battery pack (18v)

I also used a laptop charger to power the system without batteries and recharge the batteries meanwhile I use the portable :D
Last edited by kasar on Mon May 10, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shinigami679

Post by shinigami679 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:37 pm

thewise1 wrote:You can use an n64 cord on a gamecube.

The hd cable on the gamecube is what needs the circuit in it.
wait you live in mn?? which city

shinigami679

Post by shinigami679 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:27 pm

sorry for all the questions but im having trouble disassembling the dvd drive and do you have a picture of your portable and i have no clue how to do the buttons abxy and the d pad i dont want to do the tact switch one
Last edited by shinigami679 on Tue May 11, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kasar

Post by kasar » Tue May 11, 2010 6:31 pm

shinigami679 wrote:sorry for all the questions but im having trouble disassembling the dvd drive and do you have a picture of your portable?

about my portable, you have all the info and pics on this topic:

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=24648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what kind of problems are you having with the DVD drive dissasembly process?

shinigami679

Post by shinigami679 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:35 pm

kasar wrote:
shinigami679 wrote:sorry for all the questions but im having trouble disassembling the dvd drive and do you have a picture of your portable?

about my portable, you have all the info and pics on this topic:

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=24648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what kind of problems are you having with the DVD drive dissasembly process?
like i disconnected the ribbons and taken out the circuit board and the metal plate is there and i dont want to force it out because im not sure if its attached to anything

kasar

Post by kasar » Wed May 12, 2010 4:19 am

shinigami679 wrote:like i disconnected the ribbons and taken out the circuit board and the metal plate is there and i dont want to force it out because im not sure if its attached to anything

oh, I see :)

this is what you need to do to keep the dissasembly process

while looking the Disk Drive from the top part (yes, you should see the laser on it )

if you dont understand, look at the Disk Drive from this side

at the pic, just ignore the orange arrows, and watch at the red circles, as you can see, near some of the red circles are some green circles.

the green circles indicate a small piece of plastic wich hold the top plastic part of the DD, if you use a screwdriver or something plain to push a little those plastic things inside, you will be able of extract the next part.

about the metal plate you are talking about, it is attached to a plastic part,when you will apply the step I told to you, you will see that the metal plate attached to the plastic thing does not have nothing interesting on it, and it can be removed. I didnt used it on my portable, and I think most of people didnt used that part on their portables too :D

sorry about my crappy english and I hope it helped to you :lol:

NintendoRox
360 GamerTag:DragoonX6

Post by NintendoRox » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 am

Jidan wrote:Uhh, that's how 12v gets to the system. Try it with the Disk Drive and get back to us on how it works. Since you can power the GCN on lower than 12v, you may be right.
i'm quite sure it will because the disk drive get's supplied with 5 volt (see qoob pro guide (type qoob pro installed on google images)) but i cant test it because some soldering points on my DD broke :wtf:. perhabs you have one that works with a Rev B cube? :mrgreen: (sending is mine though :wink:)

btw what does GCN stand for GameCube Nintendo (in Japan they switch last name with prename (or something..))? :?:

shinigami679

Post by shinigami679 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:58 pm

kasar wrote:
shinigami679 wrote:like i disconnected the ribbons and taken out the circuit board and the metal plate is there and i dont want to force it out because im not sure if its attached to anything

oh, I see :)

this is what you need to do to keep the dissasembly process

while looking the Disk Drive from the top part (yes, you should see the laser on it )

if you dont understand, look at the Disk Drive from this side

at the pic, just ignore the orange arrows, and watch at the red circles, as you can see, near some of the red circles are some green circles.

the green circles indicate a small piece of plastic wich hold the top plastic part of the DD, if you use a screwdriver or something plain to push a little those plastic things inside, you will be able of extract the next part.

about the metal plate you are talking about, it is attached to a plastic part,when you will apply the step I told to you, you will see that the metal plate attached to the plastic thing does not have nothing interesting on it, and it can be removed. I didnt used it on my portable, and I think most of people didnt used that part on their portables too :D

sorry about my crappy english and I hope it helped to you :lol:
ok your english is really good for a second language but i think the metal part is used as ground for the circuit board does it need it? and for my controller i want to do the way with out the tact switch but im not sure how to

kasar

Post by kasar » Wed May 12, 2010 6:53 pm

shinigami679 wrote:ok your english is really good for a second language but i think the metal part is used as ground for the circuit board does it need it? and for my controller i want to do the way with out the tact switch but im not sure how to
ty :wink:

about the metal plate, I removed it, and it is not required to work, if you find a way to hold it to a place like your portable custom case, it will be nice, and the metal plate is not required at all, I removed it from my portable, and extra ground cables wasnt required.

about the controller, you have 2 ways, one is using 2 controllers, may be easier but you needs more space, and the other option is use just 1 controller and split it and then repair the broken connections by soldering some wires.

you just need to locate all the traces you cut and restore them by using wires :wink:

shinigami679

Post by shinigami679 » Thu May 13, 2010 7:25 pm

kasar wrote:
shinigami679 wrote:ok your english is really good for a second language but i think the metal part is used as ground for the circuit board does it need it? and for my controller i want to do the way with out the tact switch but im not sure how to
ty :wink:

about the metal plate, I removed it, and it is not required to work, if you find a way to hold it to a place like your portable custom case, it will be nice, and the metal plate is not required at all, I removed it from my portable, and extra ground cables wasnt required.

about the controller, you have 2 ways, one is using 2 controllers, may be easier but you needs more space, and the other option is use just 1 controller and split it and then repair the broken connections by soldering some wires.

you just need to locate all the traces you cut and restore them by using wires :wink:
ok and im really confused on how to hook up the mini board and the big one i have desolderd the big one and now im trying to wire them up and i have no clue how too

kasar

Post by kasar » Fri May 14, 2010 4:40 am

shinigami679 wrote:ok and im really confused on how to hook up the mini board and the big one i have desolderd the big one and now im trying to wire them up and i have no clue how too
miniboard to the big one? are you talking about the regulator board?

it is quite easy, just follow my diagram and check the pin numbers to soldering

shinigami679

Post by shinigami679 » Sat May 15, 2010 8:32 am

kasar wrote:
shinigami679 wrote:ok and im really confused on how to hook up the mini board and the big one i have desolderd the big one and now im trying to wire them up and i have no clue how too
miniboard to the big one? are you talking about the regulator board?

it is quite easy, just follow my diagram and check the pin numbers to soldering
ok im almost done hooking them up but how do i check if it works?

kasar

Post by kasar » Sat May 15, 2010 8:48 am

shinigami679 wrote:ok im almost done hooking them up but how do i check if it works?
easy, after hooking them, check the connections at least twice, and then power on the system, if it the power led become on and you get video/audio and the DD works, you did it nice :)

shinigami679

Post by shinigami679 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:36 pm

kasar wrote:
shinigami679 wrote:ok im almost done hooking them up but how do i check if it works?
easy, after hooking them, check the connections at least twice, and then power on the system, if it the power led become on and you get video/audio and the DD works, you did it nice :)
wait but how do i hook up the power if i alrdeady soldered the thing that connects to the fan the power button and the power jack?

kasar

Post by kasar » Sat May 15, 2010 1:51 pm

shinigami679 wrote:wait but how do i hook up the power if i alrdeady soldered the thing that connects to the fan the power button and the power jack?
huh?

well, its hard to see or know where you soldered if you dont provide pics.

with my previus post, I was just telling you to power on the system and test if the last steep worked, the method to power on the system depends of what you removed or what not, all you need is provide the power to the system by plug on the power cord, soldering it, or power the system using batteries ..... your choice ^^