WeaveR's EmuLord 64 is Finished (video and pic)

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

OMGpedobear
Re: WeaveR's EmuLord 64 is Finished (video and pic)

Post by OMGpedobear » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:48 pm

with a nice case and a better price tag this could be a nice portable, a touchscreen woudl also be very nice and easy seeing as conversion kits are widely available for the aao

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

Post by sonic4freedom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:52 am

Excuse me if I'm blunt, but I still don't see what you did here. Explain to me what you changed. Is the OS still on there? funtionally? (I saw Windows in the video), you can't control the mouse? or even use the OS? What did you do to this laptop? :?
ShockSlayer wrote:Jarate ftw. Shards of glass in your eyes, piss all over you, and someone is about to kill you. What a way to die.
SS I miss your old Profile Pictures :lol:
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer

weaver

Post by weaver » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:17 pm

sonic4freedom wrote:Excuse me if I'm blunt, but I still don't see what you did here. Explain to me what you changed. Is the OS still on there? funtionally? (I saw Windows in the video), you can't control the mouse? or even use the OS? What did you do to this laptop? :?
It's an acer aspire one with a built in 360 controller. The mouse still works as you can see in the videos. Windows is completely functional. The only thing changed to the laptop itself is the screen has been relocated and the keyboard was removed. There is also RB and LB buttons on the back of it. I'm working on trying to make it look better.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Doesn't the Aspire One have the GMA 950? :? I don't even think Half-Life 2 will run on it properly...

If you actually hold it (not sit it flat or rest the bottom on something like you did in your videos), does it feel really top-heavy with the controls positioned where they are? It looks like it would...

I'm sorry but $600 is too much for what you're offering. I added everything you listed up at the prices you said, and it came out to $576, $24 less than your $600 asking price. You can't expect one client to pay for all your tools in full , plus the parts that were broken during construction. $600 will buy a much more powerful laptop, or a much nicer netbook (maybe with an Nvidia ION GPU or a new Pine Trail Atom with built-in GMA HD, so it could actually run PC games) and a 360 controller. $430 is much more reasonable. That's your $330 price for the netbook, the $50 for the controller the client will actually get, and $50 markup for you. Frankly it doesn't look like it's even worth that much. Put some pride in your craftsmanship! ;) Ask yourself, "would I pay $600 for this?"

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

Post by sonic4freedom » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:17 pm

I agree with Bicostp. Not to be rude, but I really don't see the real "portablizing" attribute here. What exactly did you make portable? With the OS intact, it seems like you've "taken" from the laptop, because if I had this and seen that windows is on it, and I can't even use it fully (or at all), I'd feel kinda stupid and will make me question the worth of the whole unit ("Like, I have a laptop that I can use AND I can use windows"). It seems all you did was give the emulator(s) a(n) controller.
ShockSlayer wrote:Jarate ftw. Shards of glass in your eyes, piss all over you, and someone is about to kill you. What a way to die.
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer

OMGpedobear

Post by OMGpedobear » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:28 pm

acer aspire one netbooks certaily arent gaming machines, my 8.9 inch version however will run track mania quite nicely, and even cod 4 at a mediocre frame rate. Unless your obsessed with high frame rates and mind blowing rendering, crappy netbooks like this really have potentiol, as i sadi before, redsign the case and put soem effort into it. condider ditchign everything but the screen and 360 controller for the front, put the motherboard behind the screen and design a " interface" that starts with windows and allows you too boot up and run your games and other functions all from the 360 controller and without seeing winblows desktop( infatc remove it compeltely, its just eating precious ram).

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

Post by sonic4freedom » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:38 am

I agree. Remove windows, and use a(n) interface (if possible) that just lets you access the games. :? Thats enough out of me on this subject. :|
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Mon May 10, 2010 10:24 pm

does anybody even bother trying anymore?

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

Post by sonic4freedom » Tue May 11, 2010 9:23 am

dragonhead wrote:does anybody even bother trying anymore?
:facepalm: bump FTL. This topic died some time ago buddy...
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Tue May 11, 2010 8:56 pm

sonic4freedom wrote:
id hardly call 3 months "a long time ago..."

EDIT: WOOT! 666th post!
Last edited by dragonhead on Wed May 12, 2010 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Wed May 12, 2010 1:28 am

long enough to forget about this hideous thing. ;)

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

Post by sonic4freedom » Wed May 12, 2010 9:40 am

dragonhead wrote:
sonic4freedom wrote:
id hardly call 3 months "a long time ago..."

EDIT: WOOT! 666th post!
Your right. Thats why I said some time ago . Either way lets just let this one fall back down. Unless someone has something useful to contribute to this thread, and since I don't, this will be my last response on the topic. Peace.
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer