Need help modding an NES gamepad to USB

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

acslater
Need help modding an NES gamepad to USB

Post by acslater » Sun May 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi guys. Sorry I don't really know too much about electronics so I don't even know if this will work.

I have a Logitech Wingman USB gamepad (it's an 8-way digital gamepad like NES gamepads). My question is, can I use the inside of this and the USB cable to mod my NES gamepad to USB?

Here's what the inside looks like (front and back)

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z245 ... photo1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z245 ... photo2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks.

P.S. I know there's some people that sell mini DIY kits but I don't really want to pay for one if I can do it myself with stuff I already have.

nobble

Re: Need help modding an NES gamepad to USB

Post by nobble » Mon May 10, 2010 8:36 am

Looks like the triggers could act as start/select so I think this should work. Just take out the old pcb from the nes controller and install this one. You may have to do some board cutting and rewiring to get the buttons to line up perfectly

acslater

Post by acslater » Mon May 10, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm probably in over my head. I really have no idea what to rewire/solder or anything to get this to work. I'm sure I'll probably just end up buying a DIY kit now that I actually thought this over. I was just sort of curious if this would even work. Sigh thanks anyways though.

nobble

Post by nobble » Mon May 10, 2010 5:45 pm

I could do it for cheap. in fact you could trade me something to do it. like something worth 5 bucks. just pay shipping both ways and I'll do it.

PM me if interested.