$Calling all Portable enthusiast... sell your portable!$

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

runkillerrabbit
$Calling all Portable enthusiast... sell your portable!$

Post by runkillerrabbit » Mon May 03, 2010 11:30 pm

i got a booth at a collectable shows. i can sell your portables! let me know!!

ben

bentendo64

Re: $Calling all Portable enthusiast... sell your portable!$

Post by bentendo64 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:12 am

would you buy it from me first?
Or are you basicly just advertising it?
http://bentendo64.co.cc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Mmm, extra performance for free. The essence of overclocking."

sonic4freedom
Portablizer

Post by sonic4freedom » Tue May 04, 2010 11:12 am

This sounds great actually! (if it were verified) I love this hobby and I know you all do too. It would be great if we really could get a sell at a show. Even better than that, if we could come together (I know, I know, it sounds IMPOSSIBLE :roll: ) and actually START a company or business. I always dreamed of "United Portable Inc" with Palmer and ShockSlayer as CEO's and all of us in individual heads of the company. We could collaborate with each other (oversea's) and build and sell portables for a(n) agreed upon price ( I know I'm getting all dreamy on you guys, but I'm just saying :mrgreen: ). because as we all know, many people, ESPECIALLY collectors, hobbyists and gamers alike would love to have a "GameBoy64" or a "Sega GO"(DCp). These may be common to us, but a rarity to others, cause what kid wouldn't LOVE to pull out a N64p and play Super Smash Bro's on the bus? WITHOUT having a cumbersome laptop or a PissP
ShockSlayer wrote:Jarate ftw. Shards of glass in your eyes, piss all over you, and someone is about to kill you. What a way to die.
SS I miss your old Profile Pictures :lol:
-----------------
The Rising Portablizer

Bino Gas
Portablizer

Post by Bino Gas » Tue May 04, 2010 5:57 pm

sonic4freedom wrote:Business
It's a hobby. There are already mass-produced consumer handhelds (maybe less capable, but cheaper than what any of us are willing to sell for), so there wouldn't be much demand either.

aceboy44
Banned

Post by aceboy44 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:29 pm

PalmerTech as CEO? LOL! Don't expect me to buy from your company then :)

runkillerrabbit

Post by runkillerrabbit » Tue May 04, 2010 10:57 pm

yea ill be selling at frank and sons. just google it.. its pretty legit theres like 4 main guys just selling old school game systems and accessorries. and trust me... its PACKED on saturdays. its only open on saturdays and wednesday... im serious about the business man.. i wont cheat anybody out of there portable. i currently made one portable 64 so far... i cant get the case right.. im a eletrical wizzz so all the soldering isnt a problem but the plastic vacuum pressing was a wholle new concept... i tried it.. but damn its hard... but yea..... let me know.

my plan is to get a few portables ( im looking for the cheaply frankenmoded AND the higher quality like sonics) and just premiering a whole new booth for just portables... i would take like 5% - 10% of sale? and.. i will also be looking for regular people who can make one. once every one or two weeks.

runkillerrabbit

Post by runkillerrabbit » Tue May 04, 2010 11:00 pm

i think i can sell 2 portables a week regularly . and like up to 10 during christmas season a week....

let me know! im serious about this... im planning on making a whole system out of this. lets beat the chinese. and make it our self.!

ill try and buy the first set... damn its gunna be expensive but i guess its the only way no ones gunna just send me there portable for nothing. but after the first set i hope people can start trusting me. if you trust me and send it over... ill only charge minimum commision.

show me what you got!

i want one for each system

nintendo on a chip
nintendo
s. nintendo
n64
sega geniss
plus more! i think that wireless video controll her awesome i forgot who made it.for xbox and ps3
Last edited by runkillerrabbit on Tue May 04, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Tue May 04, 2010 11:10 pm

This is a really bad idea.

The biggest thing is that these are homemade portables. Made with epoxies/paint/hot glue. Made by amateurs , yes even those who have made several.

It is hard enough to warranty one of these that we have made ourselves let alone warranty one that you are selling for someone you don't know or don't know the quality of their work.

And even the best made ones out there will have a decently high failure rate.

Bad idea.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

runkillerrabbit

Post by runkillerrabbit » Tue May 04, 2010 11:16 pm

hailrazer wrote:This is a really bad idea.

The biggest thing is that these are homemade portables. Made with epoxies/paint/hot glue. Made by amateurs , yes even those who have made several.

It is hard enough to warranty one of these that we have made ourselves let alone warranty one that you are selling for someone you don't know or don't know the quality of their work.

And even the best made ones out there will have a decently high failure rate.

Bad idea.

dude.. im telling you guys dont even have to worry about that part! also ill sell it!. ill be responsible for that... isnt that why im needed? isnt that why im taking my cut? ive been selling stuff at trade shows, setting up liqour stores and sellling groceries and 99cent toys my whole life. im telling you... its just like selling used electronics! and we always open up another job market by fixing the broken portables.... think about it guys. im here to make money with you guys... trust me or not i just need a good plastic vacummer

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Tue May 04, 2010 11:19 pm

runkillerrabbit wrote:

dude.. im telling you guys dont even have to worry about that part! also ill sell it!. ill be responsible for that... isnt that why im needed? isnt that why im taking my cut? ive been selling stuff at trade shows, setting up liqour stores and sellling groceries and 99cent toys my whole life. im telling you... its just like selling used electronics! and we always open up another job market by fixing the broken portables.... think about it guys. im here to make money with you guys... trust me or not i just need a good plastic vacummer
Well do what you want, but I would bet money it won't work.

Also all the good portable makers out there don't need anybody to sell our portables. We are getting commissioned to make them and we are behind as it is. LOL

So anyway .... Good Luck :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

runkillerrabbit

Post by runkillerrabbit » Wed May 05, 2010 2:07 am

eh alright thanks anyway

bentendo64

Post by bentendo64 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:21 am

bentendo64 wrote:would you buy it from me first?

runkillerrabbit

Post by runkillerrabbit » Wed May 05, 2010 1:51 pm

bentendo64 wrote:
bentendo64 wrote:would you buy it from me first?
depends on the quality and the price. do you have one made?
and which system you planning on doing/have?

picture? link?

bentendo64

Post by bentendo64 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:22 pm

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36654" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$210 sound good?

Edit: I just realized that might be too much, if your going to sell it again, I think $170 sounds more resionable. (that inculdes shipping, payment via paypal)