I'm looking for Ghost Stories!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

benheck
Site Admin
I'm looking for Ghost Stories!

Post by benheck » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:50 pm

Granted this may be the most off-topic post yet, but after I finish my book I really want to write another movie screenplay and I'm leaning heavily towards my "Ghost Movie" idea.

The basic premise of the movie is there's this guy who does website layouts for a living and one day he's asked to "revamp" a site for a group tentativly titled the "Greater Michigan Ghost Hunters" (which also may be the title of the film) As he builds the site he becomes engrossed with the idea of a hobby of ghost-hunting and eventually joins the group. (having nothing better to do as he recently moved to a new town with no friends)

We (audience) are then keyed in (along with main character) about what ghost allegedly do in the real world and hear stories from people who've experienced such things. It may sound like a documentary but I think it should be filmed like a movie, just with no soundtrack.

Throughout the film the main character goes on "ghost hunts" but never really sees anything concrete. Seeking proof, he ventures alone in the dead on winter to trespass into an abandoned hospital. Does he see something? Is it his imagination? It's up to the viewer to decide.

The basic idea is this movie isn't supposed to be a "cheap scare" kinda thing, but make the viewer wonder about the world around them, and hopefully not be able to sleep with the lights off for a while! Some things, such as "why could a camera see a ghost but not a person" will be touched on in scientific manners that also make sense.

This COULD be considered to be like that "Blair Witch" home video/movie, except that instead of making people think something DID happen in reality, I just want them to think something COULD happen or COULD exist, which in my mind is much scarier.

Anyway, if anyone has any ghost stories they'd like to share, why not post them here? I've heard stories from lots of people (I love just asking people "Ever seen a ghost?) and quite often they all follow a sort of pattern, or similar occurances show up. The more stories I have to draw from, the more "universal" I can make the stories in the film. This way, a person watching the movie has a good chance of recognizing certain elements that possibly match something they've heard of or seen themsevles. This adds a good level of "believability" to the whole thing.

So if you're bored and have a story, post away!

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:14 am

They did something like this when I went to middle school. It was about a girl (round the turn of the century 1900) who was thought to be a witch as she did stuff out by the Clinton river at night, and she told a friend that she had a dream of the town (Mount Clemens) being destroyed by a storm. Few days later a tornado rapaged the city (1903). They ended up killing her by stoning Now so people say they see her in the court year of the Middle/high school screaming "My name is Melissa not Madusa". They reason she huants the court yard is here house way in the very center.

So if you want to incorperate this lil bit from the Bath city.

Hope you like it, I'll see if I can talk to an old teacher of mine and get the video (very good) and send it to you Ben.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:57 am

Hey check this story out.

In the town where i live there is a old school house and it is really haunted becouse in the 1940s a teacher massared the students an staff killed over 10 kids and 3 staff. and on july 22nd the ghosts return from the underworld to warn the living of the mad teacher.

i know this becouse if you do go in there on July 22nd and wait for a few minutes you will loose controll of your body and you will hear voices telling you to beware headmaster Bartlesl. and they will walk you out the door by possesing your body. you black out and you are litteraly Out the door before you know it.

SuperChicken

Post by SuperChicken » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:56 pm

Wet's pants
I loef pie and cheese.
PSX is up and running in not the Civic but Acura
(for now)

RNS0504

Post by RNS0504 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:58 pm

Once upon a time there was a ghost so ugly, everybody died. The end.
Desktop: P4 1.6 GHz, 256 mb Ram, 2x 40 gb hdd, Win XP Home, Geforce 3 64 mb, 24/10/40 CDRW, 4x DVD-Rom, $1362.03 in Mid-2002
Laptop: P3-m 800 Mhz, 320 MB ram, 20 GB HDD, Win XP PRO, 8x DVD, $5 in early 2005

NeoGoldenBoy

Post by NeoGoldenBoy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:58 pm

I have a real story, It happenes to me!

Some years ago in the night, around 10:00 p.m. I was going to sleep and when I was heading to the bathroom to put on my pajamas I saw a little girl dressed with white clothes (I thought she was my syster, but she was on her bed sleeping), so I told my mom and she told me to describe the girl, so I did describe it to her and she told me that she have seen that girl too; and since then my mother and I see lots of ghosts here in my house (someones look like normal people would look, except because they are all gray or all white, like if they were shadows and lights but in 3d).

Sometimes they even take our thinkgs, one time they took food from the refrigerator and left it on a side of the microwave, my mom and I were the only ones there, but none of us took the food, also they sometimes throw knives, spoons, etc., and also sometimes clothes.

It's creepy, but now it looks really normal to us, because it happens really often.

And again, it is completely true (but I think most of the people will think its just another ghost story or a story of someone crazy..., and it´s not).
Ň£ơĢ°łÃ°ęņßõ¥
I'm all alone, dealing with my broken heart. Why I have feelings if they feel so bad. All seems so dark, will I ever see light?

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:45 am

do you perhaps live in amityville, NEW YORK

NeoGoldenBoy

Post by NeoGoldenBoy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:33 am

Nope, I live in Mèxico.
Ň£ơĢ°łÃ°ęņßõ¥
I'm all alone, dealing with my broken heart. Why I have feelings if they feel so bad. All seems so dark, will I ever see light?

Link89

Post by Link89 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:46 pm

Here look into Glenwood Springs in Colorado. I can't think of the hotel I'll post it if I find it but I've stayed there twice. This has been my only Ghost experience ever. I was in fourth grade and we were staying at the hotel for a class trip. It was at night and we were taking a tour around it. We were up in the top sweet and I was looking around. I go into the bathroom and see this pale lady lying in the bath tube filled with water. She looks over at me. I get pretty creeped out and go get some of my friends and come back. We look in there no lady no water nothing. Not even a trace of water. They use to have this guy there that would give these ghost stories. Scary as hell. But look into colrado springs ghost hotels. It has a long history.One girl was playing on the balcony with a ball. The ball bounces off of the 10 story balcony and the girl goes after it. End of her life. The scary part is a few years later on easterday this boy tells his mom he saw this girl with this red ball that he was playing with her. The mom takes a his picture a little while later and in the picture you can see the red ball the girl had played with and died with.
You don't have to worry about the world ending tomorrow, it's already tomorrow in Australia

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:02 pm

wow that is CREEPY like RESIDENT EVIL.