techknott's Handheld Gamecube - Youtube video included

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: techknott's Handheld Gamecube - Youtube video included

Post by hailrazer » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:12 pm

I love it :)

On a side note though, it has to be top heavy and tiresome to hold for long periods of time doesn't it ?

And seriously, get some batteries in your handhelds and make them portables :P
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

techknott

Post by techknott » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:10 am

No it's not top heavy at all, there's not really much in the top. Also, batteries aren't really a priority for me atm. I just figured it's a bit big to be a portable for carrying around so no real need. But, people seem to want batteries so in the future, I guess I will start to include them. Will be starting the next one at the weekend hopefully, just wish the haters would back off. Seriously, where do people get off sending me emails slating me. Grow up(rant over).

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:01 am

techknott wrote:Will be starting the next one at the weekend hopefully, just wish the haters would back off. Seriously, where do people get off sending me emails slating me. Grow up(rant over).
Get used to it and ignore it.

I love the ones like , "Dud a PSP with emulators will do the same thing" and "Someone has to much spare time on their hands", and "If I send you the parts can you build one for me for $50" :roll: :lol:
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:46 am

Its great Techknott. And it is officially the first working portrait style portable gamecube!!! (beat me to it :wink: ).

The thing that really impressed me, however, was the L and R buttons. Two thumbs up on that!
Image Image

Erlex
Steam ID:Pelican417

Post by Erlex » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:47 am

techknott wrote:Seriously, where do people get off sending me emails slating me..
Seriously? Just for not putting batteries in your handhelds? I don't see why people would care. As far as convenience and functionality, you are the only one it really matters to anyway.
Unless of course you plan on mass producing them. :lol:

techknott

Post by techknott » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:18 am

No not for that. Here is one I got regarding the ps3 wvi:

"dude wot the hell are u doing, the psp remote play does all that and more. Get a life u tosser"

Things like that, they really piss me off.
I'm all for people having a say, each to their own and all that, but insults!! Thing is, I doubt any of these losers would be able to do what we do, nor would they dare stand toe to toe with me and say it either. (rant defo over now)

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:29 pm

That is freaken epic and then some!!! Holy beans...I so dig the shiny chrome effect on it!

sonic4freedom wrote:you keep my Dremel warm
This should go on a benheck.com offical shirt, with the picture of shredded consoles above it :lol:
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

sam_thornley

Post by sam_thornley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:46 am

Looking really awesome, very professional. All your work is just amazing! :D

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:06 pm

techknott wrote:No not for that. Here is one I got regarding the ps3 wvi:

"dude wot the hell are u doing, the psp remote play does all that and more. Get a life u tosser"

Things like that, they really piss me off.
I'm all for people having a say, each to their own and all that, but insults!! Thing is, I doubt any of these losers would be able to do what we do, nor would they dare stand toe to toe with me and say it either. (rant defo over now)
There are two rules when it comes to posting portables outside of benheck/modretro:

Rule 1: If you are not benheck, nobody loves you.
Rule 2: People either think its a work of God or you are a copulate retard who needs a PSP.

I've been listening to these comments for years now. Ever seen LoB's sig? He posts his vids on YouTube too, so he gets these as well. Hailrazer(same deal as LoB) once said: "Make what you want, use what you want, and enjoy it while all the complainers sit around playing with their Tiddly Winks. :P"

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stopthemadness

Post by stopthemadness » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Excuse me sir, but i was wondering if this item was still for sale, and what a reasonable price for you is? :lol: :wink: :D :P