Xbox controller -> USB

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

dkk37
Xbox controller -> USB

Post by dkk37 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:13 am

Hi all! After stumbling upon these forums and lurking for some recent gen console info, I've come across a question.

I have an Xbox controller that I'd like to make into a usb controller. I do not have a dongle, nor do I find one necessary since I no longer have an xbox. I was wonder what the requirements/parts would be, or if there was an easy guide? I was able to find one using the dongle and I was wondering if I could just splice some cables open and use the images online as a guide?

I'm not too worried about the look at the time and it's also not an urgent matter.

Here is my source (first I came across, didn't look too hard): http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=223&p=634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks in advance!

ttsgeb
360 GamerTag:ttsgeb
Steam ID:ttsgeb

Re: Xbox controller -> USB

Post by ttsgeb » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:21 am

you can splice a usb cable to an xbox cable, I recommend doing this in the breakaway section so it can still be used as a normal xbox controller if you want.
after you sucessfully build this (it takes under half an hour) then you will need to install XBCD. Just google it, you will find what you need.

Knux the Fox
Steam ID:knuxthefox

Post by Knux the Fox » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:56 am

I've done just the opposite of this to use a USB mouse and keyboard with my XBOX for stuff like Linux. This is also necessary for using a usb flash drive as an XBOX memory card for softmodding.

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:14 pm

It is a fairly simple process. Splice the xbox cable to a usb male connector; just match the colors and ignore the xboxs' yellow wire, it's useless for your purposes :wink:

official xbox fiend

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Hey Knux, instead of splicing cables to your mouse and keyboard, try splicing to a female USB port and then pick up a USB to two PS/2 ports. That's what I did and it works fine..

BTW you can also just add a couple of USB ports to your XBOX as well. Makes things look less ugly. As for the memory card you can replace the standard XBOX memory card connector with a USB port as well. Also makes things less messy.