FS - Cool green portable SNES - SOLD!

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

Aspect Eleven
FS - Cool green portable SNES - SOLD!

Post by Aspect Eleven » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 am

Hello, all! I started this portable SNES in July 2009. Working in my spare time, I went through 3 wooden mockups only to come up with what I have now, a plexiglas case. The front and sides are painted, my own design, while the back is left translucent so that you can kind of see inside.

I personally made this custom built Super Nintendo portable, yes, portable. It runs off a Sony InfoLithium camcorder battery. With a full charge, it runs around two hours.

The L and R buttons have been added, and both are working perfectly. The directional pad, A, B, X, and Y buttons are still there, original from the actual SNES control. All work perfectly and smoothly. As do the select and start buttons. At the bottom center are (left to right) Brightness down, brightness up, volume down, volume up. On the top right is the on/off switch (the purple button, which is right from the original mini SNES case). The yellow hole is for the charger, which is included. On the bottom left and right on the face (What look like little "t's") are the speakers. The back of the case is semi-clear, allowing you to see inside. The battery sticks out, about the same height as the slot for the game cartridge.

The system and screen are both used, but in perfect working condition. I have gone through multiple tests to ensure everything works.

Dimensions are roughly 8.75 x 6 x 1.375 inches. The screen (viewable) is 5 inches diagonal. The whole portable weighs about 23 ounces, which includes a screen, mini super nintendo, case, and battery, so considering all that, it is not terribly heavy.

Once it leaves my possession, I cannot guarantee anything. It leaves in perfect working condition, and should also be working upon arrival, but again, I cannot guarantee anything, due to it being mailed and not in my possession. I will thoroughly package it safely to help ensure that it does not break enroute. Item will be shipped as soon as possible, after payment is received.

If you have any questions about purchasing, PM me, and I will get back to as soon as I can.

Enjoy the pictures below! :)

Note that this is the only image that shows the L and R buttons, as they were put in as an after thought. Trying to set everything up to photograph was hard enough the first time, and then to set it up for one shot I thought was dumb.

[Updated] SOLD! :D
Last edited by Aspect Eleven on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

Bino Gas
Portablizer

Re: WTS - Cool green portable SNES - $550.00

Post by Bino Gas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Slick. I think I saw this on Kotaku a month ago.
Aspect Eleven wrote:I personally made this custom built Super Nintendo portable, yes, portable.
Welcome to Benheck, we make portables all the time. :lol:

Really digging the case and the clear back. Good luck man!

limpport

Post by limpport » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:11 pm

That is an awesome case! I love how you kept the plexi clear on the back! Did you sand it to make it blurred like that?

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Aspect Eleven wrote:Once it leaves my possession, I cannot guarantee anything. It leaves in perfect working condition, and should also be working upon arrival, but again, I cannot guarantee anything
not to party crash here, but does this mean if its DOA, you aint doing flux about it? :shock:
or is it just badly worded?
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:05 pm

samjc3 wrote:
Aspect Eleven wrote:Once it leaves my possession, I cannot guarantee anything. It leaves in perfect working condition, and should also be working upon arrival, but again, I cannot guarantee anything
not to party crash here, but does this mean if its DOA, you aint doing flux about it? :shock:
He means if it gets dropped and somehow breaks through the protection of bubble wrap and padding while on the way to your house it is not his fault.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Should make it insured shipping only :wink:.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:52 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote:
samjc3 wrote:
He means if it gets dropped and somehow breaks through the protection of bubble wrap and padding while on the way to your house it is not his fault.
Or some kind of O/E problem.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Aspect Eleven

Post by Aspect Eleven » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:43 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote:
samjc3 wrote:
That is exactly what I mean, thank you :)

And as for fixing it, well, I would probably do so, if I have the ability (for instance, that it wasn't obliterated somehow) on the condition that the buyer pays for shipping and parts, minimum.

And as for shipping insurance, I am fairly new to the concept. I have sold a couple PS1's on Ebay, but I was at loss on how to get the insurance. If someone could help me with that, I'd be very grateful! :)

Aspect Eleven

Post by Aspect Eleven » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:45 pm

limpport wrote:That is an awesome case! I love how you kept the plexi clear on the back! Did you sand it to make it blurred like that?
Thanks! :D And yes, that is indeed how I did the back. I sanded it starting with 120 grit and ended on 220 grit, so it is fairly smooth.

Aspect Eleven

Post by Aspect Eleven » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Bino Gas wrote:Slick. I think I saw this on Kotaku a month ago.
Aspect Eleven wrote:I personally made this custom built Super Nintendo portable, yes, portable.
Welcome to Benheck, we make portables all the time. :lol:

Really digging the case and the clear back. Good luck man!
Hey, glad you like it! :) Thanks for the welcome, too!

You probably did see it on Kotaku a month ago, as someone else told me that, too. I had never heard of the site until then. The reason it was on there, and why I wrote about me personally building the portable "yes, portable," is because I had it on Ebay for a little while. Unfortunately it didn't sell, it had a bunch of watchers and page views, though, which was encouraging :)

Cheers!

jleemero

Post by jleemero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Well I'll be, that's frikkin' pretty.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Aspect Eleven wrote:And as for shipping insurance, I am fairly new to the concept. I have sold a couple PS1's on Ebay, but I was at loss on how to get the insurance. If someone could help me with that, I'd be very grateful! :)
PM me if you need any help with shipping/USPS related stuff.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Aspect Eleven

Post by Aspect Eleven » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:03 am

jleemero wrote:Well I'll be, that's frikkin' pretty.
Thanks! :D Glad you like!

nevermind1534 wrote: PM me if you need any help with shipping/USPS related stuff.
Ok, thanks a ton, will do when I have the need :)

brandonk318
PSN Username:brandonk318

Post by brandonk318 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:06 am

I am not going to lie to you but I like the case design with the power button. Very nice.

Aspect Eleven

Post by Aspect Eleven » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 am

brandonk318 wrote:I am not going to lie to you but I like the case design with the power button. Very nice.
Well, I won't lie to you either ;) I think it's neat, too, and I'm glad you like it :)