iPhone vs Droid

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: iPhone vs Droid

Post by hailrazer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:55 pm

Yea as Black Six said it will never happen. The US Military is dependent on Gps and it's the secret to their success in many Military situations. The US Government will make sure it stays working just fine and even better .
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:19 am

Metallica Man X wrote:Here's some info on the sats currently in orbit:

http://msl.jpl.nasa.gov/QuickLooks/gps2QL.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

..do notice how the last one put up was done in '96, and that the machines only have a 7 design life....
When it comes to space, I think most unmanned systems function much longer than expected (provided they don't explode on launch). Just look at the current Mars rovers. Both were designed with a 90 day mission in mind, but now they've both been there for more than 2000 days. If the GPS satellites last that long compared to their design life, they'll be chugging along for 150 years. :P

mikeyg
PSN Username:mikeyg95

Post by mikeyg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:31 pm

I have and use my droid a lot. It is fantastic, besides the real keyboard, it's iffy at times. I like, the apps, and how I can change the main page. I love the funny 'droid' noise it makes when getting text. Though, it scared me last night. I also like the facebook app. I hate hiw the phone is at times, sometimes it slows down, when just texting. I found out thingss are running in the background, though.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:06 pm

vskid wrote:
Metallica Man X wrote:Here's some info on the sats currently in orbit:

http://msl.jpl.nasa.gov/QuickLooks/gps2QL.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

..do notice how the last one put up was done in '96, and that the machines only have a 7 design life....
When it comes to space, I think most unmanned systems function much longer than expected (provided they don't explode on launch). Just look at the current Mars rovers. Both were designed with a 90 day mission in mind, but now they've both been there for more than 2000 days. If the GPS satellites last that long compared to their design life, they'll be chugging along for 150 years. :P
or like i said about MIR, it was designed for 5 years and lasted 8 days short of 15

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:56 pm

yeah...I guess I'm just pessimistic about those things...as I'd really truely would absolutly LOVE to see all GPS and cell phones die, even for just a little while :twisted:
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato