Modretro is being hacked.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

J.D
Modretro is being hacked.

Post by J.D » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 am

Looks like you'll be seeing be a lot more. Modretro is slowly being destroyed. The chat is deleted, and the forums are being deleted. Someone is hacking the site.

Thoughts?
Last edited by J.D on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Re: Modretro is being destroyed

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:29 am

what the copulate is going on?

J.D

Re: Modretro is being destroyed

Post by J.D » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:32 am

A hacker is destroying Modretro.

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Re: Modretro is being hacked.

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:36 am

Are you sure of this, or did something else happen? Probably has something to do with that thread about bacteria's dreamcast portable... :facepalm: It's such a shame too because of all the valuable information that will be lost if nothing is recovered...

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:37 am

This probably has no relevance to BH, but I will post anyways. :P

We changed our FTP and cpanel logins and passwords, but somehow they are still managing to rip into the site. We are trying to backup right now and save what we can.

We had a small breach last week on my own account, I figured it was a prank. We also had our banner changed earlier today, looks like whoeever it was was playing around a bit before going for the jugular.

Excellent

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:42 am

palmertech wrote:This probably has no relevance to BH, but I will post anyways. :P

We changed our FTP and cpanel logins and passwords, but somehow they are still managing to rip into the site. We are trying to backup right now and save what we can.

We had a small breach last week on my own account, I figured it was a prank. We also had our banner changed earlier today, looks like whoeever it was was playing around a bit before going for the jugular.
What a freaking douchebag. Changing banners is one thing, but deleting pages isn't funny...

joeyjoe9876

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:46 am

i can't get into any of the threads or forums :/
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:53 am

When I click on a forums it brings me to a link about the host gator or whatever. Apparently another hosting site.

Talking about this on benheck feels like our neighbor is letting us camp on his lawn after our house burned down. :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:55 am

thewise1 wrote:When I click on a forums it brings me to a link about the host gator or whatever. Apparently another hosting site.

Talking about this on benheck feels like our neighbor is letting us camp on his lawn after our house burned down. :P
That's exactly what it feels like.. :(

PS:I'm glad you changed your sig!

pLover

Post by pLover » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:14 am

My understanding of the problem at (fairly) recent status is:

Someone (Not Bac, presumably) temporarily hacked MR as a joke, then told Palmer how to change it back and prevent from their future hacking, but either it didn't work but no one cares (doubt it) or no one did it.

I've probably got it wrong, though

collinE

Post by collinE » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:20 am

That does suck... I wish there had been a back up of the important stuff. Any chance of it being restored?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

pLover

Post by pLover » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:22 am

All the pages get 404 errors. I don't fully understand the internet, but according to Jleermo, that just means that the server still HAS all the information, but can't relay it. Unless MR is back up soon, I'll probably spread my time equally here and there even after this whole thing is sorted out.

Also, should this be moved to News? At MR it's just finished projects, but here' it's... all news. Seems like a more relevant place than Forum 42. :|

And yes, It does feel exactly like that, Benmoto. It's not THAT bad a feeling. I mean, sure, MR's gone for the time being, but this is a lot better than if there was no other portablizing forum. Ugh, imagine if BH didn't exist and we had to use Modderfied... *shudder*
Last edited by pLover on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:23 am

I still have no idea what the copulate is going on. I assume this has something to do with the DCp thread and 'legal action' crap by bacteria and dnt this morning, or whoever the copulate that was and the hacking of palmertech's password on modretro, but who the hell would do this? I seriously doubt bacteria, and DNT seems a bit of a dumbass to do this by himself.

Edit: Now I can't get into the chatroom set up by afro, it says there's a server error at mibbit. what the hell.

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:29 am

Well, the only people that really dislike MR are Bac and DNT.
DNT isn't smart enough to do this.
Bac wouldn't put on this whole "I'm taking the high road blarg blarg blarg" thing only to attack the forum. I'm sure he'd be openly aggressive if he knew a way to destroy a website.

And yeah, everyone coming to BH is fun. It's like the forum equivalent of "you can crash at my place".
\

pLover

Post by pLover » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:33 am

I seriously doubt it's Bac. I PMed him on YouTube and he PMed me back saying he had no idea what was going on, he didn't hate MR, he would never do such a thing, yadda yadda yadda. It seemed pretty sincere and at least for me, that wipes away all suspicion.