Meet the DSi LL folks

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

snowpenguin
Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Meh, I don't dislike the DS, nor do I much like the psp. No fanboys here, :wink:. Handhelds just aren't my thing. UNLESS IT'S A PORTABLE CREATED BY ME THAT IS!

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:36 am

Sorry for not reading 3 pages of CRAP. but Every Gameboy Ever is too small. This one looks great, It might actually be a nice size.

No one's asking you to trade in your small one.

Id definitely buy this over any other version if I wanted to buy a gameboy. Its just really nice to have that option. Im sorry my hands are no longer the size they were when I was 13.

Wheres the thread complaining that Apple makes the same MP3 player every 4 months, or that Ford is just releasing the same car with a different shell year after year, with minor variations. Why do people think every console released needs to be a major hardware revision, otherwise the company is "just jerking us around with gimmicks".

Maybe you are a bit butthurt that you didn't wait a bit longer and buy the cooler looking model?

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:35 pm

timmeh87 wrote:Sorry for not reading 3 pages of CRAP. but Every Gameboy Ever is too small. This one looks great, It might actually be a nice size.

No one's asking you to trade in your small one.

Id definitely buy this over any other version if I wanted to buy a gameboy. Its just really nice to have that option. Im sorry my hands are no longer the size they were when I was 13.

Wheres the thread complaining that Apple makes the same MP3 player every 4 months, or that Ford is just releasing the same car with a different shell year after year, with minor variations. Why do people think every console released needs to be a major hardware revision, otherwise the company is "just jerking us around with gimmicks".

Maybe you are a bit butthurt that you didn't wait a bit longer and buy the cooler looking model?
I concur
Image Image

Sun-Wukong

Post by Sun-Wukong » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Yeah, last week I was playing New Super Mario Bros. on my sister's DS Lite, then I switched back over to my DS Phat and the difference was immediately noticeable. But of course I've had it since 04 and it's beaten up to holy hell and back, plus the color on all the post-phat models is so much more vibrant and crisp, so I've still wanted one. Also, I was waiting for a Metallic Rose colored DSi, which Wine Red looks a lot like.

It's funny though, recently I was thinking it was odd how companies keep trying to make portable stuff smaller and smaller while TVs keep getting bigger and bigger, and controllers for regular consoles have stayed consistently normal sized. Now his is coming out, and I'm pretty exited.

P.S. The new stylus looks a lot cooler, much more like a pen.
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:18 pm

This is my DSi XL!

A Fujitsu T5010 running No$GBA, No$Zoomer and Glovepie for the Wiimote

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Suck it, Nintendo!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

smitty

Post by smitty » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:35 pm

timmeh87 wrote:Im sorry my hands are no longer the size they were when I was 13.
Well that may be true, but you have to remember, it's probably easier for you to play a small controller than for a kid to play a big one. *cough*xbox*cough*
Diminuendo wrote:This is my DSi XL!

That's awesome. But it's DS, not DSi. And it's illegal. :roll:
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Not if i own a copy of platinum (which I do)

BENFTW

Post by BENFTW » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Diminuendo wrote:This is my DSi XL!

Even though I dislike the ds in general, I can certainly say this is damn cool! Image

nitro2k01

Post by nitro2k01 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:15 am

BENFTW wrote:Even though I dislike the ds in general, I can certainly say this is damn cool! Image
Uh, why the troll face?
My blog
ASM Retro <- Gameboy Classic Backlight

Being the sadistic bastard I am, I have covered Frog's left eye with a Santa hat.

Last edited by nitro2k01 tomorrow, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:52 am

New news about the DS and PSP

Nintendo and Sony were angered that the Zune HD surpassed the graphics of both their handhelds, and are planning to come out with a new handheld console each. One sporting the Tergra 2, and the other; unknown.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Rumors. ;) Where did they say they were angered? They know better tech is out there, they are just not using it in order to keep costs low. Otherwise, they would have been angered when the iPod Touch 2g came out. In fact, Nintendo would have been angry when the touch 1g came out. :lol:

That said, Nintendo is likely going to go with a Tegra solution of some kind, and Sony is probably going to be using a PowerVR based chipset. This is based on no solid facts, just guessing.

Excellent

BENFTW

Post by BENFTW » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:33 pm

nitro2k01 wrote:
BENFTW wrote:Even though I dislike the ds in general, I can certainly say this is damn cool! Image
Uh, why the troll face?
it seemed appropriate

nitro2k01

Post by nitro2k01 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:37 pm

BENFTW wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:
Uh, why the troll face?
it seemed appropriate

Sorry, but you need to learn what that face actully stands for.
My blog
ASM Retro <- Gameboy Classic Backlight

Being the sadistic bastard I am, I have covered Frog's left eye with a Santa hat.

Last edited by nitro2k01 tomorrow, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

BENFTW

Post by BENFTW » Wed May 06, 2020 4:24 am

nitro2k01 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:37 pm
Sorry, but you need to learn what that face actully stands for.
It is spelled actually :facepalm: