potential 1/4" locations for audio mod

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

klopfenpop
potential 1/4" locations for audio mod

Post by klopfenpop » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:57 pm

So I'm modding my NES to have a 1/4" mono audio jack straight from the chip. I only have an enclosed 1/4" jack, where would it fit without rearranging the guts of the console? What are some potential locations, what's worked best for you?

klopfenpop

Re: potential 1/4" locations for audio mod

Post by klopfenpop » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:30 pm

Done! Works and sounds fantastic! Switched out the 72-pin as well. Went with back opposite the rf modulator for output location.

I'm sure there are probably tons of these on here already. If anyone wants more pics, specs, or a step by step, let me know and I'll post them.

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:38 am

Looks good. Just curious, why didn't you do a stereo mod? I've never heard it in person, but I'm told it sounds pretty amazing with a bit of tweaking.

klopfenpop

Post by klopfenpop » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:30 pm

I was going to. I read up on what it actually is and it's more for gameplay situations. I'm using this NES just for studio and stage music with midiNES. For studio, I'll be recording the channels individually, and we don't mix in stereo live, so no worries. I just wanted a clean line level output that I can plug straight into a D/I.

If I ever convince my wife to let me hook an NES up to the TV for gameplay, I'll probably do the stereo mod. ;)