RGB or S-Video to RCA Composite Video Converter

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

rikitheshadow
RGB or S-Video to RCA Composite Video Converter

Post by rikitheshadow » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:15 pm

I don't have any experience myself with wiring up specialized IC circuits and so forth, but I'm looking to see if there is a possible way to improve S-Video to Composite Video conversion.

Mario here on the forums made a reference to a site, someone posting custom simple S-Video to RCA plans. In some of this guy's FAQ he states there is a possible way to improve the signal via an IC known as AD725. Like Here
Problem is the guy has no experience as well in doing such a thing.

This so called IC chip is designed to create a luminance trap to improve video quality. Would anyone know how to wire something like this up? If possible I want to use this for a PC application (4 pin S-Video out on the mobo).

Here is a link to the .pdf data sheet
http://www.analog.com/static/imported-f ... /AD725.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XCVG

Re: RGB or S-Video to RCA Composite Video Converter

Post by XCVG » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:37 pm

An AD725 will not make the conversion any better. What an AD725 does is encode RGB to s-video and composite. Unfortunately there is really no way to make composite better. If you build an AD725 encoder you can improve it a bit with a luma trap, but it's not a world of difference.