wii intec 7 inch screen av and voltage question

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

mman1506
wii intec 7 inch screen av and voltage question

Post by mman1506 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:20 pm

i got a intec wii screen for 40$ works well good quality but i want to make a nesp laptop from it and i am using a knockoff console that is just av not nintendo port. how can i connect the console to screen with out breaking open . also could i open up a snes take th av port from that and cionnect the consles av out to the port and would it work..

2. want voltge would a 7 inch screen run at somthing like 9v

XCVG

Re: wii intec 7 inch screen av and voltage question

Post by XCVG » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:22 pm

1. Is it a V1 or V2? The V1 has inputs, no problem, but the V2 does not. It's fairly easy to mod though, I did it quite quickly. Open it up and remove the AV port board, then wire it to your own jacks. The pinout is labeled but the wire colors are odd.
V1/V2: http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. I haven't been able to get the screen to run at anything less than the required 12V.

64M320N3

Re: wii intec 7 inch screen av and voltage question

Post by 64M320N3 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:35 pm

XCVG wrote:I haven't been able to get the screen to run at anything less than the required 12V.
Maybe because intec doesn't think about us consumers and instead give us cheap crap that's too expensive.

Okay, rant over.
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724