Not as bad as what happened to vomitsaw... But it sucks.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Biased
Re: Not as bad as what happened to vomitsaw... But it sucks.

Post by Biased » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:30 am

Maybe you should make a fish room in your basment... in a room where water couldn't flow past the door. Maybe you could make a threshold to achieve that?

HBN

Post by HBN » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:40 pm

More video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6tS_ehn7eU

All the details I could type to you are in the video. Never the less, if you have a specific question, I'll be happy to answer.

Cost keeps on going up....Nearly $20,000... You could get a very nice NEW car for that.
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:04 pm

Why would it cost so much? It's just a little water! Unless you let it sit and rot or something...

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:16 pm

XCVG wrote:Why would it cost so much? It's just a little water! Unless you let it sit and rot or something...
A little water goes a long way. Remember, it was a 90 gallon tank, the average smaller tank it 10-20 gallons. Most of the cost is probably to pay those who are repairing the damage. You need to pay someone to come in and clean up. That means removing everything that is destroyed and drying everything that is salvageable so it doesn't rot. Then you have to replace everything that was destroyed, such as sheet rock and flooring, which requires paying for materials and hiring someone to come in. Fortunately, his insurance will probably pay most of the bill.

HBN

Post by HBN » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:44 am

XCVG wrote:Why would it cost so much? It's just a little water! Unless you let it sit and rot or something...
Like vskid said. A little goes a long way. And we didn't let it sit. The carpet was pulled and the floor ventilating within 6 hours (We actually had to get permission from the insurance company before we did anything. They aren't open at 3 AM).

Like I said before, also....Imagine 90 jugs of milk. The big ones. Those are a gallon a piece. Now imagine them all exploding over the floor. Not pretty. I've explained this else ware too. Really, the only way some people can imagine it is if it actually happens to them. Not something I would wish on anyone.

Nothing really going on still. Waiting on the insurance comp now. Taking their grand ol' time.

I do have a quick question unrelated to it all. Mostly asking because I'm bored as hell. Why was this topic moved when vomitsaw's wasn't? It's the same type of thing, only his was cool (*cough*...It's not really cool, obviously. Figure of speech.) enough to get on TV.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.

HBN

Post by HBN » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:10 am

Not the update I wanted to give you, but as he was part of this whole mess - as a survivor - I figured I should inform you of the passing of Dyson this morning (The fish who lived in the tank that exploded in case you need a memory refreshment). We don't know why.

I'm pretty upset about it. Yeah, hes "Just a fish", but look at what he went through and survived it. He was more a true pet than any other fish I've had.

The true irony about it... Less than 6 hours ago I was talking to a good friend about him, saying how cool it was that he survived, and as a species, how hardy Plecos are.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 am

Sorry, man.

Doesn't matter if it was "just a fish" - the passing of a pet is always difficult.

joeyjoe9876

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 pm

sorry about the fish :(
i remember last year when my prarie dog died, i was holding him and put him down to get his medicine for his tooth thing and when i got back he just died. with rodents like that sometimes there teeth grow up instead of growing down causing it to swell the nasial passageways which in turn can cause major health problems.
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

HBN

Post by HBN » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Thanks, both of ya.

It's never easy to lose a pet, and I've lost my fair share. One year (Actually, just two days) I had the absolute worst luck with cats (They were technically strays, but I took care of them all, so they were my pets). 50-some cats died in about 48 hours. They were just dropping like flies. It was the "wet" form of FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis). That's probably the most horrid thing I've ever seen when it comes to animals dying of an illness.

Even if you don't like cats the shear number of lives lost is impressive.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.