Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Gump-in-space
Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by Gump-in-space » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:15 am

My list of people responsible for this horrid mess:
palmertech
shockslayer
bacteria
robm
bibin
J.D
snowpenguin
DNT 2.5

My opinion: Ban them all. It doesn't matter what they did, or if they appollogized. They are immature, and a complete drain on this community. J.D isn't even legally old enough to post here, it seems shockslayer palmertech and a few other members were sharing the Lazer account, and several other members who weren't even actively involved pretended to be lazer to perpetuate this mess.

You guys want the old forum back? I'll tell you how- cut off all the dead weight.
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:23 am

Gump-in-space wrote:My list of people responsible for this horrid mess:
palmertech
shockslayer
bacteria
robm
bibin
J.D
snowpenguin
DNT 2.5

My opinion: Ban them all. It doesn't matter what they did, or if they apologized. They are immature, and a complete drain on this community. J.D isn't even legally old enough to post here, it seems shockslayer palmertech and a few other members were sharing the Lazer account, and several other members who weren't even actively involved pretended to be lazer to perpetuate this mess.

You guys want the old forum back? I'll tell you how- cut off all the dead weight.
if you have a tumor, you cut it off, no?

collinE

Post by collinE » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:55 am

Unless you're that dude with that huge 300 pound tumor. It was growing like bits of bone and hair in it! oh wait.. he did cut it off eventually.

As nice as it would be to just ban everyone who has been causing problems, I don't think it's gone that far yet. Maybe if it were a lot of new members who started causing problems one day, but there are a lot of members a part of that group who have added a lot to this site at one time or another. I'd eventually ban individual cases after sending warnings if it were up to me, but I'd like to wait a bit for this all to calm down.

I'd hate for people to think they were martyrs for getting banned and causing more problems later.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Bibin wrote:Us all? You don't honestly think that a big majority of us were "in it" for prizes, do you? Look, I hate this site as much as you know me to, but I didn't even know there were prizes to be shared if one of them actually won. I only voted for Bac because I thought his portable was good. I didn't see him telling us to vote for him until later. As for Lazer, I just thought "what the hell, why not". I don't give a damn about the prizes.
I wasn't referring to you. Now I am: why do you take such indirect statements so personally?

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Bicostp wrote:The root of the matter is, how are we supposed to trust something like this won't happen again the next time we hold a contest?
This is a valid question. Why aren't you answering it? Why do you have to try to kill a forum? It's like all of you are going on strike from being good people. I always thought you were better then that Bacteria.
\

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:02 pm

kylechu wrote:
Bicostp wrote:The root of the matter is, how are we supposed to trust something like this won't happen again the next time we hold a contest?
This is a valid question. Why aren't you answering it? Why do you have to try to kill a forum? It's like all of you are going on strike from being good people. I always thought you were better then that Bacteria.
:facepalm: awful assumptive of you, we havent said one way or the other what action we are going to take and you are already assuming the worst of us.

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Skyone wrote:
Bibin wrote:Us all? You don't honestly think that a big majority of us were "in it" for prizes, do you? Look, I hate this site as much as you know me to, but I didn't even know there were prizes to be shared if one of them actually won. I only voted for Bac because I thought his portable was good. I didn't see him telling us to vote for him until later. As for Lazer, I just thought "what the hell, why not". I don't give a damn about the prizes.
I wasn't referring to you. Now I am: why do you take such indirect statements so personally?
I bothered posting because I'm fairly sure a lot of people have a similar stance on the issue.

A similar occurance in another forum popped up, and it brings up a good point. While the voting was influenced perchance, what is it that invalidates the votes, exactly? They are still votes. If a forum wants to agree with the motivation of a popular poster, that's their discretion, be it good or not.
Last edited by Bibin on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Triton wrote:
kylechu wrote:
:facepalm: awful assumptive of you, we havent said one way or the other what action we are going to take and you are already assuming the worst of us.
That wasn't in your direction Triton :P

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Triton wrote:
kylechu wrote:
lol, he was talking about ModRetro, Triton. :facepalm:

Bic, a good point, what do you propose?

Excellent

Triton

Post by Triton » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:14 pm

he quoted bicostp, seemed safe to guess it was directed towards us, he didnt mention anybody else *shrug*

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:17 pm

But he said it was a "good question" from Bic, then said that he always thought Bacteria was better than that. Seemed pretty clear cut to me, he even named his target. :lol:

Excellent

Triton

Post by Triton » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:22 pm

I suppose its up to him to clarify then lol

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:58 pm

You guys are so silly, you talk about having a happy forum yet persecute the members of it, can't take it that a funny entry did well, no sense of humour! Honestly, what does it matter how people voted? If you want harmony on this forum you are going about it wrong. You just want your piece of meat and someone to blame; yes, that's one option, but the worst one you could take. And kylechu - members are a forum, when members go the forum dies, simple as that; when members get pushed out of a forum it becomes weak. BTW - "my dad's bigger than your dad" na na na! BTW dragonhead - add yourself to any ban list! :wink:

It doesn't matter who voted for what or what won or didn't win, the point of a competition is to bring in lots of entries to show off (which didn't happen BTW); who cares who wins Miss World for goodness sake, you look at the pretty ladies, it doesn't matter who wins! :mrgreen: Don't then shoot the audience or panelists if your lucky lady didn't win, or remove the contestants so you stand more chance the following year! :mrgreen:

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Everyone old here knows how the old members feel about Bacteria.

Bacteria: We wouldn't need anyone to blame if you guys didn't think it'd be funny to steal from someone. Because that's essentially what this is about. A contest without prizes, that'd be funny, if a little immature. But skewing voting with the intent of profiting from it is a whole different ball game. Don't act like it isn't.

I'd just like to point out that almost all of this hating going on is directly a result of bacteria and them making a spinoff of the benheck.com forums.
Hey, sup?

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Kurt_ wrote:I'd just like to point out that almost all of this hating going on is directly a result of bacteria and them making a spinoff of the benheck.com forums.
Keep your mouth shut lad, you get your facts wrong repeatedly.