thoughts on the GBE

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

cennar
thoughts on the GBE

Post by cennar » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:10 pm

Ok first I'm thinking the GBE is compleatly poinless since the DS and it will be only a year apart, but hopfully they can make it good. what could they do right? Please dont say Disks I hate disks.

Edit: hey lets also keep PSP comparison out of it. because we wont get any ware. (plus ill make fun of you in the apporperate manner)
Last edited by cennar on Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:19 pm

I think it should have 3 screens. The third wouldn't even need to be touched, you just look at it, and it knows, and moves the character automatically. The fourth screen, which is required for all the games, but must be bought separately and plugged into a third expansion port, will require you screaming into it. If you scream for 43 minutes (something like Kenny G's clarinet record, only with your scream) you'll get 10 milliong (count em) 10 MILLION bonus points.

If you bothered reading through all of this, I must ask, why?

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:23 pm

well i do think more screens makes a better handheld. Actualy i'm wondering why didnt nintendo just make one big touch screen? make it more of a tablet thing but then i guess it wouldnt look like you could play pokemon on it (not to dis pokemon i freaking love that game)

peppers

Post by peppers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:26 pm

the DS is not very good it is nessaser to try to recover from a failed console
Im done here

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:27 pm

If they put too big a touch screen in, theyd make you tickle life sized Pokemon to level them up, or something equally weird.

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:28 pm

peppers wrote:the DS is not very good it is nessaser to try to recover from a failed console
YEah but it was a great idea im still going to buy them games, all five of them

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:48 pm

yeah, right now the games for it aren't too great :(.....but just wait until late summer/fall :) (Castlevania, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart)
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

peppers

Post by peppers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:55 pm

you cant evan correctley play GBA games on it cause you must use the a and b bottons witch are acward it should be the Y and B bottons it seems almost like they did not put a great deal of effort into its overall design that should have been one of the first things they corrected in prototype stages
Im done here

goodie

Post by goodie » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:32 pm

cennar wrote:Actualy i'm wondering why didnt nintendo just make one big touch screen?
I was wondering the same thing.

peppers wrote:you cant evan correctley play GBA games on it cause you must use the a and b bottons witch are acward it should be the Y and B bottons it seems almost like they did not put a great deal of effort into its overall design that should have been one of the first things they corrected in prototype stages
Yes, they should've given it a Super NES feel. Personally, I've never liked the Gameboy button arrangement- you have to use the top of your thumb to push both A and B, which isn't very comfortable. I much prefer how they did it on the Super NES, where the top of your thumb presses Y, and the bottom of your thumb presses B.
mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiuytrewq

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:36 pm

One thing Nintendo should do with the GBE- GET RID OF THE HEALTH HAZARD SCREEN! It's really annoying. I know they need it for legal reasons, but it's annoying. The only way it could get any worse is if they made it a scrolling news ticker at the bottom of the screen. :lol:

I edited this post at about 8:03 EDT.
Last edited by bicostp on Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nos_slived
Higher Idiot

Post by nos_slived » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:43 pm

Ahh, SNES, how I loved you. I remember my carefree school boy days, when I went to my friend's everyday, and beat almost every game ever made. Seriously though, the DS was one of Nintendo's biggest mistakes. They jumped to get the touch screen out, and said "screw it!" for the rest of the quality. The touch screen was nothing but propaganda.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:53 pm

^It also spawned some potentially inappropriate-sounding games:

Yoshi's Touch And Go
WarioWare: Touched!

And more coming...

But seriously, the quality is nothing compared to the GBC. I hjave a friend at school, whose DS buttons started squeaking after about a week.

peppers

Post by peppers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:00 pm

yeh a lot of the game seem to intentinally have masterbation jokes bulit into them

huh ehh this post is fine I did not cross ofer the PG rateing ill post it
Im done here

MasterChieff44

Post by MasterChieff44 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:04 pm

bicostp wrote:One thing Nintendo should do with the GBE- GET RID OF THE HEALTH HAZARD SCREEN! It's really annoying.
they have to, they got sued by some kid's family. he got a seizure or something serious of the like playing nintendo games. yeah, i know, it probably would've happened while playing xbox or ps2 anyways, but it didn't so now they have to have that warning. i know, i hate it too.

Current Projest: SnesP
Stage: eBay

shelter pitfall

Post by shelter pitfall » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Nintendo could make the next Gameboy DS compatable if they made a large 16:9 screen that could rotate vertically.
Another opiton is for Nintendo to compete on the portable disk format and make a disk thing that can work with gamecube games, but it might look like a PSP after that.
Dual Analogue sticks would be cool.
Nintendo could try and release three top-tier Nintendo titles for it on day one that are not re-makes, that way they can cover for any long periods of time without people wanting a mario or zelda.