TORNADO!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

simon66
TORNADO!

Post by simon66 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:08 pm

sorry for the caps, but I still cant beleive this... Yesterday I tornado just hit Canada! I mean in the city of vaughan mills near Toronto... I saw everything. I just couldnt beleive it. I saw my neighbour roof just lifting off. And flying bikes. Many cars just fliped over, and more then 120,000 canadians lost power (in cluding my self) here are some shocking images.

You can also see some pics over here

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CT ... b=CP24Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW It was an F2 Tornato, and some claim that is was more than 1 tornato :S... Luckily I didnt loose anything and my neighbour is fine. He will be living with me for a couple of days im guessing. Any one here lives in toronto and saw the tornato?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Re: TORNADO!

Post by HotDog-Cart » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:40 pm

There was 3 tornados. One person died.

My power was out for like 4 hours. (I'm near Oshawa, Ontario).

Theres a video on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQtfhJVcpH4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGmg391FD7I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: The news says, a category 2 hurricane , called hurricane Bill will be hitting the alantic provinces on sunday. Anyone out there, be safe. There will be heavy rain, and 150 km/h winds. The hurrican was a category 4, but is now rated a 2.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Hurricane Bill. Doesn't sound very threatening. :lol:

Hope everyone there is okay.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:03 am

I seriously thought you posted this while a tornado is approaching you.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:34 am

2 days ago we had a tornado begin to form, but sadly it failed. A once in a lifetime event, missed :cry:

Our house wouldn't have been in the path, but we would've seen the tornado rush towards the other side of town and could have watched it destroy many building in it's path. Not my problem, amirite?

You might think I'm a terrible person now.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:23 am

I live in Oklahoma - I've seen a few in my day :D Nothing says "Spring" like taking shelter while tornado sirens are blaring in the middle of the night.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:03 am

cool.

oh, and what's this about hurricane Bill? That's awesome! my name's bill!.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:26 am

wow. Darn nice of you and your family to let your neighbor stay at your house. Haven't had one here in quite a while..last time I saw one tho, it JUMPED a house. That's right, the swirling cloud of destruction actually lifted up off the ground, went clean over a house, destroying the terrain around the house, but not the house itself. It was crazy! of course, their barn was destroyed...but that wasn't a big issue, as soon after the storm, we all had a barn building party. A ton of people showed up...we had live music, beer and construction :)
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

simon66

Post by simon66 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:22 am

Harshboy wrote:2 days ago we had a tornado begin to form, but sadly it failed. A once in a lifetime event, missed :cry:

Our house wouldn't have been in the path, but we would've seen the tornado rush towards the other side of town and could have watched it destroy many building in it's path. Not my problem, amirite?

You might think I'm a terrible person now.

Lol I know what you mean.. It was pretty intense.. I ran to my basement and the house was shaking. Weird coment. Thank God it didnt hit my house. I cant afford to loose anythig, lol.

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Technically hurricane Katrina doesn't sound very threatening either.
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:13 am

Life of Brian wrote:I live in Oklahoma - I've seen a few in my day :D Nothing says "Spring" like taking shelter while tornado sirens are blaring in the middle of the night.
Oklahoma has it's regular "crap lets hide" season haha. Were getting a bit of bill here in newfoundland tonight, nothing big though.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:19 am

I'm not going to lie. I was in my room all week and didn't even notice there was rain.

You know you need sunlight WHEN...
Hey, sup?

hotfootball2000

Post by hotfootball2000 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:07 am

:lol: yea, the weather here in oklahoma is crazy!!!

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:34 pm

We just got rain from the remnants of Bill. If that second front hadn't come through, it would have hit us as a category 1 or a tropical storm. (Thank you, cold Atlantic!)
chainfire95 wrote:Technically hurricane Katrina doesn't sound very threatening either.
Oddly enough, there's a one-hit-wonder band called 'Katrina and the Waves'. They made "Walking on Sunshine" and that's about it. :lol:

Valium

Post by Valium » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Hurricane Bill did basically nothing to my town, we were in the direct path. I wouldn't put much further thought into it.