Battery help

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Geebs61
Battery help

Post by Geebs61 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:36 pm

Its my cell phone. I havent used it since May when it went dead and I couldnt find the charger. So I let it sit until last night when I found the charger. stuck it on the charger at around 8 pm. when I plugged in the charger everything acted normally, screen lit up, it said "Phone is charging. will power on automatically" and it had a little battery gauge showing that it was charging. alright cool, when its charged it will turn on, like it always did. about a half hour later i came by and glanced at it, and the battery gauge was gone, and it only displayed the words "will power on automatically" it also wont respond to any of the buttons, nor will the screen light up as its supposed to. I checked the battery with a volt meter and it has absolutely no voltage coming from it, but the charger has 5.2v coming from it and the contacts in the phone are at 4.8v. Does anyone know why this is happening, or know a way to fix it?

Lithium-Ion battery
3.7 volt
the phone is a Kyocera KE413
"Being a teenager is to experience a renaissance of the body, mind and spirit. It is to experience life at it’s fullest." - Cliff Eiffler

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:40 pm

The battery may have just went dead. Its not good to leave a battery dead for extended periods of time so you may have to buy a new one. I know its not the thing you wanted to hear but its th way things go.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

gannon

Post by gannon » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:48 pm

I've seen cell phone batteries sell for around $8 on ebay, I just don't know if that's a good price or not.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:52 pm

Depends on what type of battery Ni-Cd = good, Ni-MH = great but fishy, and Lithium ion = its either a worthless battery or the sellers very generous.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Geebs61

Post by Geebs61 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:10 pm

been looking around on ebay. I can get the same battery OEM, lithium ion and everything for $9.00 before shipping. there a lot of others too, so I am gonna do some looking around.
"Being a teenager is to experience a renaissance of the body, mind and spirit. It is to experience life at it’s fullest." - Cliff Eiffler

Geebs61

Post by Geebs61 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:09 pm

bought a brand new, OEM, 1200 mAh battery for my phone off ebay. after shipping it was $15.00. I cant wait to get it. the battery that came with the phone was only 900mAh.