Portable-making contest again?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

neverused
Re: Portable-making contest again?

Post by neverused » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm

snowpenguin wrote:I'm gonna have to drop out as I won't finish in time.
Ditto for me as well, I think.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:12 am

Alright everyone - it's Friday! We're going into the final weekend of the competition, so if you plan on finally showing off all your hard work make sure your entry is in THIS THREAD, following the rules stated at the top.

We've only had four portables officially submitted so far - you're not going to let them win just by entering, now are you? :wink:

Remember - hailrazer graciously provided these prizes for the first, second, and third place winners!
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:14 am

I was 100% sure I wan gonna make it, but I got invited to Junior Lido Nationals (A big sailboat race). My club needs me to sail, so I just lost most of today and the weekend... It is really unlikely I will finish, but don't count me out yet.

Excellent

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:59 am

Be sure to put what you build in the Showcase!

-Ben

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:04 am

Last day! How should we take into account different time zones? Start the voting late in the day tomorrow?

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:31 pm

It's 9:30PM here in Merritt Island FL, August 31. Submitted my portable to the showcase and posted a thread about it in the Genesis section. It's name is Genechrome. :)
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 pm

Ok guys Im going to post this here to keep the submission thread free of clutter, but I will link this post into my entry.
THISis the portable I started with. over the past few months I have made a lot of changes made to it. I tore it apart in April or May with the intention of just adding batteries. I ended up fixing up a lot of stuff because I had it apart anyways. And then the contest came about and gave me the motivation I needed to finish the darn thing.

Anyways heres the list of changes made: filled in brightness, volume, start, and select button holes on the front, gave the bondo a much needed fixing up, added speakers, switched from a mini snes to a retro duo, filled in the old shoulder button holes and moved them to the shoudler, moved start and select to the back, as well as the volume control buttons, filled in the old "plugs and switches" holes. aka psone memory card holes, anti glare mod, extended the sides of the cart slot cover, switched ABXY from tact switches to the "board and membrane" type, filling in unneeded screw holes, and last but not least, it is now powered by internal batteries(4000mah LIpos.

Worklog videos:

Let it be known that I'm not trying to weasel my way in with and already made portable. I have spent hours upon hours working on this over the summer.
\
I am entering this into the contest because I feel that I have put in an enormous amount of work into overhauling this portable.

lazer_174300

Post by lazer_174300 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:51 am

CHROME NES 2000
ok i worked on this really hard lol i had to go through a lot to upload these lol :D :D :D :D :D

it is nesp sorta, it uses superjoy 3 with cart slot adapter i was gonna make a plastic frenkencase but i wanted to make this in time for compo so i used other things i gave it a chrome front well foil but same thing sorta lol :!:

here are pics
:mrgreen:

this prives ot works

here is another one one

this is the side shows thick it is rlly pretty thin because of external batt pacl

ok here is the picture of the back i used thwe back of an n64 controller for wing grips it is really comfortable

so ya that is my portable it is my first one i hope you like the idea of design it is very thin
anyway vote for me because this was my first portable i know it does not look that good but i had to build it fast and if i win i will give my prizes away to other peple who need them more than me because it was fun but i am not going to make another portable for a long time. so if i win any prizes at all i will have a drawing or something for the peole who voted for me lol is that against the rules :wink: :wink: :wink: i never saw it so ya, votin for me helps you and all might as well, maybve as 3rd choice or whatever lol.well thanks for reading :shock:

oh and never gonna give you up never gonna let you down THE GAME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hah you just lost twice :!: :P :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We.herd.you.liek.over.9000.so.we.put.an.all.your.base.are.belong.to.us.in.yo.car.so.you.can.belong.to.shoop.da.whoop............. while you drive. withabaseballbat

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Last call for votes. Make sure you submit them here, in the format described in the voting thread.