Finding a cab to house a project?

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

Oniak
Finding a cab to house a project?

Post by Oniak » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:06 pm

Would the best place to first check be my local arcade? And how would I go about doing so?(I mean workers there would most likely know jackall)
Thanks guys

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Re: Finding a cab to house a project?

Post by Tibia » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Are you at all up to the task of building your own? It could be designed to use simple cuts and joints.

Aside from that, I'd try Craigslist and e-Bay to see if there happens to be anything available in your area.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Tibia wrote:Are you at all up to the task of building your own? It could be designed to use simple cuts and joints.

Aside from that, I'd try Craigslist and e-Bay to see if there happens to be anything available in your area.
Checked and I already have a wanted ad on this local classifieds called nlclassifieds. Ebay with local pickup here would be a rare find. I don't really have the tools or the woodworking know how to build my own. I could get tools from my grandfather probably....

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:00 pm

A $50 jigsaw and a few sheets of plywood and a ton of sandpaper.

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm

snowpenguin wrote:A $50 jigsaw and a few sheets of plywood and a ton of sandpaper.
Like I said I could get tools, I'm just not good enough with them to make a cabinet. and it would be a lot more effort than buying a gutted one.

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:18 pm

It really is fun to build your own, even if you think that its too difficult or time consuming.
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:04 am

chainfire95 wrote:It really is fun to build your own, even if you think that its too difficult or time consuming.
It would also look like crap vs a nicer one :P, I'm sure refurbishing one would be fun too.

arfink

Post by arfink » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:54 am

Here's what I would do. Go to the arcade, and see if the machines have a vendor sticker on them. Usually arcades don't have their own machines, they come from some dealer/operator in the area. The go to the operator and see what he's got, they usually have some older beat up rigs they're going to just throw in the dumpster or you can buy a nicer one from them.
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

tom61

Post by tom61 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:02 pm

arfink wrote:Here's what I would do. Go to the arcade, and see if the machines have a vendor sticker on them. Usually arcades don't have their own machines, they come from some dealer/operator in the area. The go to the operator and see what he's got, they usually have some older beat up rigs they're going to just throw in the dumpster or you can buy a nicer one from them.
Also, vendors like these are listed in the phone book under 'Amusement'. Keep in mind that they probably aren't used to dealing with the general public. If it's a Namco arcade see this link: http://namcoarcade.com/game-sales.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For more personal sales of arcade cabinets, visit http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... pics?pli=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taiben

Post by Taiben » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:55 am

Where you at roghly? Im in the UP of MI and theres a guy with a cab in his yard. Needs a bit of TLC but it looked pretty sound.
copulate all you goddamn smartasses.

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Taiben wrote:Where you at roghly? Im in the UP of MI and theres a guy with a cab in his yard. Needs a bit of TLC but it looked pretty sound.
I'm in newfoundland canada X_X

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 am

I'm gunna look at this guys warehouse in the next few days, He said he's selling whatever he has and I think he want's like $50 each for them(not sure if there empty cabs or what, hopefully they might be fully working)

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Is there a site like the namco arcade one, but for canada?