GUIDE: How to Custom Firmware PSP-1000's and PSP-2000's

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

BoomBox-Creations
Re: GUIDE: How to Custom Firmware PSP-1000's and PSP-2000's

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:33 am

maximaneffort wrote:hi. im new here and i was trying this and i could make my battery pandora but the mem stick didnt seem to become a "magic" mem stick. i would do exactly as it said by putting in the stick then holding down L shoulder button then putting in the battery but the screen wouldnt load. please help :!: thx.
what version is your PSP?

If it is a phat, then you most likely stuffed up your battery or mem stick.

to check the battery, take out everything in your PSP, and just insert the battery. If the LED power light comes on automatically, then the battery is a good pandora. If not, then its either not charged, you didnt cut the line/remove the pin enough, or you have fully stuffed up the battery.... To check that it can still be modded, that you havent stuffed up the battery, try turning it on like you would normally.... If it turns on, try the battery step again.... if it doesnt, charge it then try turning it on again.... if it doesnt turn on, then the batttery is stuffed up. Id recommend you buy a 2-in-1 pandora off of dealextreme or buy a new battery and the battery converter from datel ( link to the converter in the guide )

If it isnt the battery, then it must be the MMS, try remaking it...

If that still doesnt work, then i would suggest trying Aguilz's program for the MMS, the guide can be found here: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=24141 it updates to 3.80 M33 ( correct me if im wrong ) so you can do a system update when it is done...

If it is a slim, you could be unlucky to have a PSP with a TA 88v3 motherboard.

In that case, you are stuffed...

There are several ways to tell if you have a Ta 88v3 or not, the easiest is knowing what the original firmware was.
If it was 3.95 or below, then yo;u should be fine, if it was 4.01 or 4.05, then you might have a Ta 88v3. In that case, you cant mod the PSP..

If you have a PSP 3000, it cant be modded at all as of yet.

Hope any of that helped, if you have any more questions, just ask...

silentassasin

Post by silentassasin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:23 am

Hi, how can I downgrade my PSP 1000 5.01 firmware?

jleemero

Post by jleemero » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:15 am

By reading this or one of many other threads.

Downgrading is no longer necessary, the use of older 1.0 and 1.5 firmware has all but disappeared.
Most will recommend you install a recent Custom Firmware, such as 5.00 M33.

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:44 am

silentassasin wrote:Hi, how can I downgrade my PSP 1000 5.01 firmware?
Just follow my guide on the first page... http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26459

since your PSP is a 1000, ( eg. a phat ) you can downgrade straigth away without worrying about if your console is hackable or not...

silentassasin

Post by silentassasin » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:27 am

My PSP is 1004, Is it the same as 1000? I think it is.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:35 pm

yes. 1000 means 1000 series, which is from 1000 to 1999.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

jiggygent

Post by jiggygent » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:50 am

Hello,

I am new to this, and have researched it a bit before even attempting. I found this guide most helpful. I have a PSP 1000 and used this guide to install CFW 4.01 M33. My issue is, Other than confirming in system settings that it did indeed downgrade, I can't use any plugins/updates. I have tried putting the CFW for 5.00 in the game4xx directory as well as the regular game directory, but it always displays as corrupt date. I then tried to see if I can install any other plugins including popsloader, but again, anything that I try to put into the game4xx directory shows up as corrupt data. I tried re-formatting the stick via the PSP, but still no luck. I also verified I had enabled the plugins in recovery mode. Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:25 am

Try going into the recovery menu and changing the UMD driver to the "M33 driver" or the "discless" driver.

Excellent

Kevinlittleton

Post by Kevinlittleton » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:49 am

Hi,

I used the guide on the first page and I've run into a problem.

I made the memory stick into the magic one and then I soft hacked the battery with the said instructions. When I turn power completely off it will not boot into recovery. I've tried several times to redo the magic stick part of it and I've tried different ways of hitting R when starting it up and I've seen no difference...

Is there something that I missed?

Thanks for the help!

Kevo

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:08 am

Kevinlittleton wrote:Hi,

I used the guide on the first page and I've run into a problem.

I made the memory stick into the magic one and then I soft hacked the battery with the said instructions. When I turn power completely off it will not boot into recovery. I've tried several times to redo the magic stick part of it and I've tried different ways of hitting R when starting it up and I've seen no difference...

Is there something that I missed?

Thanks for the help!

Kevo
You put in your magic mem stick, hold L and then put in your pandora battery. hold down L until the recovery menu pops up.

when it pops up, install 4.01 M33.

if it still doesnt work, try re making your mms again. or your pandora battery is not working properly.

Also, sorry if this sounds stupid, but what type of PSP do you have? this guide will work fine with phat PSP's ( with the fixes i said above ) but some slims with a TA 88v3 and the newest PSP, the 3000 cant be hacked with this guide.

Hope any of that info helped, if its still not working, just comment again.

Kevinlittleton

Post by Kevinlittleton » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:51 am

Nothing is working for me. My magic memory stick shows up on my computer and everything but when I start the psp I get firmware 5.01. And trying to start it up in recovery does nothing..

Nevermind! I used this guide and it worked like a charm but thanks anyway!
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133/th ... ost1181187

lelle22

Post by lelle22 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:17 am

Hi i have a problem, i follow all the steps and everything works just fine, until i try loading a game, i get an error reading :the game could not be started (80020321) anyone with any idea of what iv'e done wrong and what im supposed to do? Id be really thankful for a sollution =)..

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:02 pm

lelle22 wrote:Hi i have a problem, i follow all the steps and everything works just fine, until i try loading a game, i get an error reading :the game could not be started (80020321) anyone with any idea of what iv'e done wrong and what im supposed to do? Id be really thankful for a sollution =)..
I seen this before many times on three PSPs. There's an incorrect setting on your recovery console.

Do a full shutoff of your PSP (hold the power switch up a few secs) and while holding down the R trigger, switch it on.

You should see a black screen with the title "M33 Recovery Menu".

Scroll down to "Configuration" then press X.

Scroll down to "UMD Mode"

Press X until you see UMD Mode (Currently: M33 driver -NO UMD-)

Scroll up to "Back" to save your settings.

On the main menu, scroll down to Exit.

Your PSP should boot up and the error should be gone!

Enjoy! :wink:

Aero4smith7

Post by Aero4smith7 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:41 pm

ok i have a q...i have almost everything done...i got the mms...but i need the pandora battery...i was trying to do the third option....and i followed it...but when i got to the turn on the psp while holding R..it wouldnt go into that mode u mention (i forgot wat it was)...can u help me? or someone?

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:42 pm

Aero4smith7 wrote:ok i have a q...i have almost everything done...i got the mms...but i need the pandora battery...i was trying to do the third option....and i followed it...but when i got to the turn on the psp while holding R..it wouldnt go into that mode u mention (i forgot wat it was)...can u help me? or someone?
Im sorry, but you do need a pandora battery, unless you have a phat PSP thats on original firmware 1.50, then you can use my other guide, here ( http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=26563 ) but if not, you will need a pandora battery. Sorry... there are links on the first page on where you can buy one if you dont want to make one.