Plug and play mouse isnt working

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Thornwillow
Plug and play mouse isnt working

Post by Thornwillow » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Hello, I have a mini Targus (model: PAUM01U) plug and play mouse for laptops, only thing is, on my Vista laptop, i plug it in, but it doesnt work. Now it didnt work from the start, however, i did get it to have a autoplay popup, and it worked prefectly as long as i closed out of the pop up and didnt click anything. Later on, I clicked 'Dont show this message again' and ever since then it hasnt worked... How do I fix this? I used google but all i could find was other having the same problem with no answers.

nitro2k01

Re: Plug and play mouse isnt working

Post by nitro2k01 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:16 pm

An autoplay dialog? That's weird. Check in my computer if you see an extra removable drive when the mouse is plugged in.
My blog
ASM Retro <- Gameboy Classic Backlight

Being the sadistic bastard I am, I have covered Frog's left eye with a Santa hat.

Last edited by nitro2k01 tomorrow, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Try uninstalling it in Device Manager, then plugging it back in again. Does that solve the problem?

Does the mouse work on any other computers?

Thornwillow

Post by Thornwillow » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:02 pm

Okay, i did that uninstall device thing, well, the autoplay came up again, but mouse still dont work :| and it doesnt bring up any extra drive, its just known as a 'unknown device'. Ive tried total of 3 plug and play mouses on this laptop and NONE work. What the hell could be wrong with my computer?!

nitro2k01

Post by nitro2k01 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:45 pm

If you click open in explorer, or whatever it says, in the autorun dialog, what does it show you?
My blog
ASM Retro <- Gameboy Classic Backlight

Being the sadistic bastard I am, I have covered Frog's left eye with a Santa hat.

Last edited by nitro2k01 tomorrow, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total