Korg DS-10 questions/Flashcard help

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Taiben
Korg DS-10 questions/Flashcard help

Post by Taiben » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:25 pm

I wanna get a friend something for a birhtday and I know that shes using the Korg DS-10 a LOT lately. One thing she dont like about it is that the save function is so limited. Does anyone know enogh about the program to know if a slot 2 DS flash card or SD adapter would let her export it to her computer? Obviesly the Korg program has to be in slot 1 so thats not an option.

Edit:
I'm looking at this particuler flashcard. Does anyone know if theres any kind of application or something that lets you export data from a DS game to this thing? Essentially things like saved games/compleat songs.
Last edited by Taiben on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
copulate all you goddamn smartasses.

Taiben

Re: Korg DS-10 questions

Post by Taiben » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:19 am

Anyone know anything about this program?

Taiben

Re: Korg DS-10 questions/Flashcard help

Post by Taiben » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:06 am

Help please? Edited the 1st post.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:13 am

Sorry, no way to do that. :( Perhaps if the maker of Korg DS-10 made it support GBA flashcarts, it could be done, but as it stands, you are out of luck.

However, if you set up a linein to record your songs to a computer, it would work fine.

Excellent

Taiben

Post by Taiben » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:57 am

Thanks Palmer. Guess shes gonna have to fix her computer first. Line in doesnt work.

Zero_D

Post by Zero_D » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:07 pm

Actually, you could use either Rein, eepinator, or another similar program to achieve what you want. Just run Rein/Eepinator off of a supported Slot 2 device while the Korg DS-10 cart is in Slot 1 and you can back up the save contents of the cart onto the Slot 2 device, then put the file on the computer for safe-keeping. Then, just run the program again and restore the backed up save when you need to. I've used this method many times for other DS carts, so it should work fine for you.

Taiben

Post by Taiben » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Do these slot 2 programs boot in GBA mode? It seems that if Im using somethign in slot 2 the DS auto boots in GBA mode. Even when I manually load slot 2 it just shows the GBA screen.

Zero_D

Post by Zero_D » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Taiben wrote:Do these slot 2 programs boot in GBA mode? It seems that if Im using somethign in slot 2 the DS auto boots in GBA mode. Even when I manually load slot 2 it just shows the GBA screen.
That's odd. I've never had a problem booting into DS Mode with a slot 2 device except on my old DS phat with my M3 CF, as the contacts would get dirty and cause it to not work in DS mode.

As for the programs, they only boot in DS mode as far as I know, but there are save-backup alternatives for Slot 1 you could use that work through Wi-Fi, however these are a lot harder to use compared to the Slot 2 ones. My advice is to go ahead and buy a Slot 1 cart from DealExreme for cheap (they should be even cheaper than the slot 2s), then just put the Korg DS-10 rom on it and play it through there. The flash cart should make a save file itself on the SD card, then when you run out of space for songs, just backup the save to your PC and delete or rename the one on the card to make a new save while retaining the old one on your pc.