just picked up a ps3 for $150 (and thats AUD mofo's)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Shakespeare
Re: just picked up a ps3 for $150 (and thats AUD mofo's)

Post by Shakespeare » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Nobody gets the joke. How disappointing.

I can honestly say it's got nothing worth going out and buying the console. Unless you really like racing games.

That being said, I'll try and keep the "console war" BS to a minimum.
what is this i don't even

robm

Post by robm » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:37 am

Shakespeare wrote:Nobody gets the joke. How disappointing.

I can honestly say it's got nothing worth going out and buying the console. Unless you really like racing games.

That being said, I'll try and keep the "console war" BS to a minimum.
But... but... this is the interwebs! Mindless flaming over insignificant points is what it's all about! :lol:

I don't know about nothing worth getting the console for - ever even play Soul Calibur?

I guess this is what really divides the console scene - the kinds of games that people play. I can't stand playing FPS games on consoles, drives me up a friggin wall (WHERE'S MY , AND . FOR STRAFE!!!) But, there are so many people that love Halo for the xbox, which I absolutely cannot stand at ALL. I know people that say that Metroid Prime for the Wii is the best Metroid evah, and I usually slap them over the head for it.

The driving force for me for buying new consoles has been following the Soul Calibur and Gran Turismo games - which have been Playstation games (save for the DC.) I had Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast, and then they quit developing for the system, and went for the PS2. After playing a fighting game on a Wii, I wished for a large-calibur bullet to enter my brain at a high rate of speed.

The Wipeout, Gran Turismo, and Tokyo Extreme Racer games are also a reason why I have no plans to leave Sony for the immediate future - those racing games are among those I consider ones I cannot live without, and Wipeout for the PS3 looks like it's going to be amazing. (Haven't followed the scene enough to know if they're working on a TER for the PS3 or not. I can't justify buying a PS3 for a couple more years until they finally drop below the $300 mark.)

mikeyg
PSN Username:mikeyg95

Post by mikeyg » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:49 am

robm wrote:Agreed - and besides, I would buy/trade-blazer3927's-for-my-soul just for Soul Calibur 4 and Mortal Kombat vs DC.

Besides, the Wii is just too freakin cutesy. There is precisely one game that I can think of that breaks that image for me, and I can't even remember what it was called. I remember it was black-and-white. I'm sure that there are others, but I haven't heard of any.
I have the special edition mortal combat vs. dc. It's unopened.
I got the regular one from 'santa'
It's awesome/
How's soul calibur?

robm

Post by robm » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:45 pm

mikeyg wrote: I have the special edition mortal combat vs. dc. It's unopened.
I got the regular one from 'santa'
It's awesome/
How's soul calibur?
It's fantastic. Fighting as The Apprentice, Yoda, and Darth Vader is freaking awesome. The graphics are beyond what I expected, and the gameplay is just like the previous games - something I thought would be lost, after playing Tekken for the PS3 (hated it, but then, Soul Calibur has kind of ruined me for other fighting games.)

Now I just need to get a PS3 and quit making my friends carry theirs over to my house.

Anyone up for a trade? My soul's up for grabs.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:43 pm

Hell, keep it. It's got 80% of the good games that the Xbox 360 does but won't break, plus PS3 exclusives many of which are awesome.

As for the Wii, yeah, that's the REAL paperweight/doorstop!

-Ben

J.D

Post by J.D » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Sell the PS3 for 3 times as much as for what you got it for. Making profits!

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 am

:facepalm:
i knew it was too good to be true,
sent the money, seller has dissappeared of the face of the earth...so i did a sneaky... i called up visa and was like "oh theres an unauthorised transaction on my card" and with the best customer service i had ever seen i had my money back in only three hours........ then just now DOLA (the site i bought it from) sent an email saying,
"don't complete the transaction with this seller he has banned due to blah blah blah"
:wtf:
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:15 am

blaze3927 wrote:so i did a sneaky... i called up visa and was like "oh theres an unauthorised transaction on my card" and with the best customer service i had ever seen i had my money back in only three hours........
Smart move.

Zero_D

Post by Zero_D » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:35 am

blaze3927 wrote::facepalm:
i knew it was too good to be true,
sent the money, seller has dissappeared of the face of the earth...so i did a sneaky... i called up visa and was like "oh theres an unauthorised transaction on my card" and with the best customer service i had ever seen i had my money back in only three hours........ then just now DOLA (the site i bought it from) sent an email saying,
"don't complete the transaction with this seller he has banned due to blah blah blah"
:wtf:
Wow. I hope the scammer spent the money already on something stupid so now he would owe $150 to his own bank. That would be a well-deserved surprise for him :wink:

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:10 pm

robm wrote:The driving force for me for buying new consoles has been following the Soul Calibur... - which have been Playstation games (save for the DC.)
It's not an exclusive for Sony though.. It's been on every console for the past 2 or 3 generations, at least once.

Anyways....

I think the ps3 has definitely gotten 1000x better than from launch. (Sans the removal of backward compatibility :facepalm: ) It's definitely got some great exclusives now, and if I'm lucky, I'll be getting one from a friend soon.

Speaking of exclusives, I think that is really all a console is worth when you look at them side by side. You can say stuff like, "The 360 has a huge game library", (which it does) but many of those games are also available on the ps3, and a few on Wii. I'm no fanboy of anything really, so I can't fight for one console, but I think the Wii needs waay more hardcore games (and I was a supporter of it when it first came out too) and the ps3 just needs, I guess you could say publicity? People still think that it has no good games, meanwhile it does. They need to show people that.

J.D

Post by J.D » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:40 pm

PS3 needs price-drop
360 needs to stop Project Natal (and that creepy game where you interact with a little boy)
Wii needs more hardcore games
Blaze needs to learn the internet

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:55 pm

J.D wrote:PS3 needs price-drop
360 needs to stop Project Natal (and that creepy game where you interact with a little boy)
Blaze needs to learn the internet
PS3 is a powerhouse, hardware-wise. They need their higher price because they make the 360 and Wii look like scrawny weaklings in terms of ability.
360 DOES need to stop this ridiculous Natal thing. WE GET IT, SONY/MICROSOFT/NINTENDO. YOU ALL LOVE STEALING EACHOTHER'S IDEAS. CUT IT OUT.
Wii needs to be installed in gyms and training areas, since it's more a piece of gym equipment than an actual gaming console.
what is this i don't even

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Shakespeare wrote:PS3 is a powerhouse, hardware-wise. They need their higher price because they're barely breaking even with the cost of producing them.
Fix'd. This is why you won't be getting a price cut for a while. At least it's better than at launch where they lost about $200 with each console they sold, even at $600 each. What Sony really needs to do in the meantime is get the word out that the PS3 is well worth the $400 people would be spending on one and back it up with solid proof - the exclusives, for example.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:45 pm

J.D wrote:PS3 needs price-drop
- Yes, Sony needs to make the cheaper to offset the fact that there isn't any killer exclusives.
- 360 is the best value for the hardcore gamer currently - let M$ screw around and steal ideas.
- Agreed.

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:22 am

blaze knows internet like back of hand, just today i met a Nigerian prince who needed me to give him $1000 so he can get his millions back, he said he would pay me $100,000 once he avenged his father, he can't believe that of all the people on internet i was the only one kind enough to help him
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]