Atari on a chip!

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

doonbugie
Atari on a chip!

Post by doonbugie » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Hey guys have you heard of the "http://www.jakkstvgames.com/atari.html" Jakks TV Games Atari. I got one of these years ago. So I found it in my closet stuffed under a bunch of NES games and a Nintendo power magazine. and I was wondering if it is possible to wire a Atari 2600 cartridge slot onto this thing.

themadhacker

Re: Atari on a chip!

Post by themadhacker » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:53 pm

no. the plug and play joystick is a noac, not an aoac. And no, it is not possible to wire either an nes or atari slot on it.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

doonbugie

Post by doonbugie » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:01 pm

themadhacker wrote:no. the plug and play joystick is a noac, not an aoac. And no, it is not possible to wire either an nes or atari slot on it.
dam

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:53 pm

The Atari Flashback 2, however, can be hacked to play real Atari 2600 cartridges. There are a ton of instructions online that tell you how to modify it (and it even has a table silk-screened on the motherboard.)

http://www.atarimuseum.com/fb2hacks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only problem might be finding one; you may have to order one online. (Personally I haven't seen them in the stores in quite a while.)

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:53 pm

If you want an AOAC you can wire a cart slot to, look into the Flashback 2. From what I've heard, it's very simple to do with the Flashback 2, and there's lots of documentation on the process. Just don't get suckered into paying a crazy amount for one - people are way overcharging for them as of late.

EDIT: Dammit, you beat me to it, bic.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

drjayphd

Post by drjayphd » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:45 pm

bicostp wrote:The only problem might be finding one; you may have to order one online. (Personally I haven't seen them in the stores in quite a while.)
I'm pretty sure they popped back up in Target last Christmas, so you might want to give that a shot (for $20, of course)... assuming you can wait four or five months. :wink:

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:45 pm

drjayphd wrote:
bicostp wrote:The only problem might be finding one; you may have to order one online. (Personally I haven't seen them in the stores in quite a while.)
I'm pretty sure they popped back up in Target last Christmas, so you might want to give that a shot (for $20, of course)... assuming you can wait four or five months. :wink:
I found 2 used ones at my local Used Game Store

I bought the cheapest one they had which was $16. But the system was a tad dirty and looked like someone spilled a sugary drink on it. There is another one there for around $24 which looks clean and perfect

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P