The Second BenHeck TGIMBOEJ Thread... WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!!

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

snowpenguin
The Second BenHeck TGIMBOEJ Thread... WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!!

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Ok, well, many of you saw this:

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29044

but got to it by the time there were already 20 people signed up. They are still on person number 5, so it'll be years before they get to people past 30. So I think it would be a good idea to set another one up.

But there's a catch- we need someone to start it out. My junkbox isn't really big enough to start a TGIMBOEJ, and I don't even have 100 posts yet. (Will soon hehe...)

So we're looking for someone to start this out, with a Priority Mail Box. Probably a bigger one so we have more space. I'd like to be around number 5 when this gets going. Same rules apply as before, I would think.

Nevermind's original post:
nevermind1534 wrote:Q. What is it?

A. A Tgimboej is a USPS flat rate box full of electronic stuffs that you can not bring your self to throw away but also might not use in the near future. It is a way to share components, and other electronics stuff with friends and members of the community who you otherwise may not get a chance to interact with. It is also a great way to get cool components and other electronic stuffs that you might find useful where as the person who put it in the box had no use for. I mean I have a junk box full of electronic components both used and unused and all kinds of other goodies and I am sure others on here do to.

The official site.

US to US flat rate prices:
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB1) US to US $10.35 Size 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB2) US to US $10.35 Size 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) US to US $13.95 Size 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"

I will be keeping up with the list and adding names to it every day. In the event I forget to add you then please send me a PM.

The rules.
Recipient Conditions for The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk:
  1. Take out and add as much electronics junk as you like (but keep it small enough to fit in a USPS flat-rate Priority Mail box or the equivalent for your postal system).
  2. Write up, photograph, document or otherwise publish in some way online at least one thing you took out (suggested flickr tag: TGIMBOEJ, see also: flickr group ). ****I Use my blog http://cjganttphotography.com/blog****
  3. There is a little book in the box. Add a checkmark by your name to show that the box has been to you. Also propose a future recipient by adding their name and e-mail address to the book.
  4. Within two weeks pass the box along to one of the people whose name is in the book. Before mailing it to them, send them the name list in a pm and make sure that they want to participate. Also remember to get their shipping addy.
  5. Make sure you can afford the $8-12 it takes to mail the box out. It sucks to get one of these started and then lose it because someone bit off more than they can chew.
  6. This is going to be limited to Ben Heck Members who have 100+ post and feedback in the trading post. (its not hard to get 100 post.) Not meaning to offend anyone but this will help deter dead beats who will get the box and disappear. Exceptions may be made to either of these rules on a case-by-case basis.
  7. Make sure to document the box and what you took and what you added. This only takes a few photos and a few minutes to do. Post the documents in either your own thread or in this one.
  8. To be fair to others lets ensure that the box makes it around the list before going to the same person twice.
  9. Any member who has been inactive for more than 3 weeks at the time of their turn and can not be contacted via PM will be skipped on the list.
  10. The recipient of the box is responsible for all shipping charges that occur for shipping the box to the next person.
  11. Small parts such as screws, leds, components, etc should be placed in a zip-lock bag.
  12. No highly flammable materials. No lighters / matches, or Weapons.

More info on other Tgimboejs that are circulating around the world can be found here. http://tgimboej.org

Canada is also allowed, although it can be expensive.

Flat rate boxes can now be shipped to Canada.

Flat rate from US to Canada or other countries Prices:
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB-1) (up to 20 pounds) Canada $25.95 Other Countries $41.95 Size 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB-2) (up to 20 pounds) Canada $25.95 Other Countries$41.95 Size13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (up to 20 pounds) Canada $32.95 Other Countries $53.95 Size12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"

There are discounts for getting the postage online, in addition to delivery confirmation for free.
So- any takers?
Last edited by snowpenguin on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kylechu

Re: The Official Ben Heck TGIMBOEJ Thread #2.... Sign up here

Post by kylechu » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:02 am

If this gets going, I call the #3 spot.
\

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:10 am

Better get this up now...

THE LIST:

1. nevermind1534
2. argelfraster
3. Hifeno
4.shakespeare
5.snowpenguin
6.qerkdtx
7.mikeyg
8. limpport
9. mario
10. desertman123
11. cowsgoquack101
12.biased
13.chainfire95
14. weaponepsilon
15. nightweel
16. Al9bob (has not met requirements as of 12/18/09)
Last edited by snowpenguin on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 29 times in total.

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:25 am

lol, the person who made the thread for the box has not met requirements. :lol: :lol: :lol:
\

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:40 am

You talking to me? YOU TALKING TO ME!?!
Yeah, I haven't yet. Only because I haven't been registered extra long though. I have feedback. You need some feedback though...

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:25 am

I'm going to be getting a ps2 slim from skyone soon.
I'm thinking about starting the box. I have a lot of crap, but It might be too crappy crap.
What's some examples of things that should be in it?
\

mikeyg
PSN Username:mikeyg95

Re:

Post by mikeyg » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:26 am

snowpenguin wrote:You talking to me? YOU TALKING TO ME!?!
Yeah, I haven't yet. Only because I haven't been registered extra long though. I have feedback. You need some feedback though...
You've been registered for a month, get them posts. ;)

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:26 am

kylechu wrote:I'm going to be getting a ps2 slim from skyone soon.
I'm thinking about starting the box. I have a lot of crap, but It might be too crappy crap.
What's some examples of things that should be in it?
LEDs, motors, screens, pretty much anything. These boxes are usually for electronic parts that are usable, but you have no intention of using.
what is this i don't even

qerkdtx

Post by qerkdtx » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:57 pm

six spot please

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Well, I have the guts of a 32x and some cheap game joystick things. Would those be wanted in the box?
\

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:07 pm

I guess you could put me after everybody who is really low on #1.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Michaelthurston
Steam ID:MichaelThurston

Post by Michaelthurston » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:49 pm

I wanna do this eventually
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

desertman123
PSN Username:Desertman123

Post by desertman123 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Once I get moar posts I'm signing up for this. I already have feedback.
Word to the wise: DON'T THROW ELECTRONICS AWAY!!!

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:27 pm

I could probably actually start it.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:43 pm

@nevermind- if you would be so kind, go for it. As long as you have enough junk to put in.
@qerkdtx- done
@Michaelthurston- request spot, and build up posts until then
@desertman123-same as mthurston
@kylechu- if you do end up starting the box, please don't tell us what's in it. It's supposed to be a surprise :wink: