Company Failures That Would Piss You Off

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

cennar
Re: Company Failures That Would Piss You Off

Post by cennar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:22 am

feel bad for those really cool small shops that don't have much a chance now a days. I remember when there used to be so many weird little shops all over Victoria. Now its so hard to keep them going. The new shops all are owned by the most greedy and messed people Ive ever met. You can tell its conditioning. That only owners who knock 50 minutes off there employees shifts and lie about there cheap and wasteful suppliers seem to make it any more. Though there is a need to change that, There's allot of momentum on the other side too. Ive had the opportunity to see quite a few places spring up in this town and a few get buried on the way side. because of the widening gaps between rich and poor, people get the idea they can do what ever they want. I see the toll on those people too and I always end up feeling sorry for it.

Then again I've put up with allot of crap before, always fun to see one of the owners take his share of the business, take off to south Africa and do loads of blow. I mean that's got to be great for the economy. Or his the people who thought they where his friends who are left to fill that gap, now with a third less the resources. (I'm sure deep down Mark&Scott hate you Dave.)

J.D

Re:

Post by J.D » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 pm

This post was completely unnecessary

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:49 am

Stop bumping old threads, this is your second one. last post in this was from JANUARY, that was half a year ago

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Re: Re:

Post by nevermind1534 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:09 pm

J.D wrote:nvm I shouldn't post in a dead topic anyway.
Then why did you?

I would not want to see any of the big three go under

If anybody had ever worked for one of the jap car makers (I have nothing against the Japanese, just their cars and management), they would automatically have a reason to hate them. Toyota literally works people to death. When my dad worked for them, he couldn't even get off of work to visit with a dying mother (still around, tough; made it through). They also tend to get rid of people when they get close to retirement.

Having owned both (domestic and jap), I would say that Ford and GM have superior quality.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:35 pm

since people are actually on topic ill leave it open. having owned both foreign and domestic cars i have a fairly balanced opinion on this, and frankly i wouldnt buy ANY domestic car made since the late 90s or so, newer domestic cars (unless their the really upscale high dollar ones) just feel cheap as hell to me. most affordable domestic cars tend to be cheap crap throaway cars (cavaliers, neons, grand-ams etc) that might last you 150-175,000 miles if you baby them. my 1990 volvo has 220,000+ miles on it, i drive the ever loving crap out of it and it keeps coming back for more, its easy to work on, fairly cheap to fix when stuff DOES break and it will outlast humanity. ive seen the same year and model volvo with 500,000+ miles on them. take that as you will

here is an approximate breakdown of the condition of the cars we own:
1993 ford e150 van ~150,000 miles, reverse is out on transmission
1997 cavalier, spun bearing, ~130,000 miles
97 blazer 127,000 miles, has a slight oil leak but otherwise OK
94 lebarron, runs like CRAP, dies a lot, needs new fuel filter, possibly injectors etc, 167,000mi
1990 volvo 740 turbo 220,000+ miles, timing belt let go but will be running and driving again as soon as its replaced, no other siginficant issues

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:42 pm

since the thread was already bumped...
Superior Safe & Security <-- my dad founded/owns the company
EDIT:sorrry Trition :oops:
Last edited by xtrmgam3r360 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:43 pm

since the thread was already bumped...
Superior Safe & Security <-- Great Service, Great Price
Tell everyone you know in Wisconsin that needs to buy a security system*
http://superiorsafeandsecurity.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*my dad founded/owns the company(free advertising lol)
feel free to put it in your sig, there is a no advertizing policy on the forums here (no advertizing outside of your sig)

Gump-in-space

Re:

Post by Gump-in-space » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:53 pm

Triton wrote:
I guess you never held a wrench in your hand before? Seriously Japanese must have 4 elbows to work on those cars.
modern american cars are the same way if not worse lol. your jeep being an exception to the rule

Swedish bricks for life! indestructable and dead easy to work on :lol:
I'm getting a Volvo as my first car. :) Most likely a reliable early 90s 240 sedan or station wagon, or alternatively the cooler-looking but less reliable 1999/2000 S80.

As for brands I'd hate to see disappear, I dont have any. I do however want to see the following brands get either retooled or disappear:

Sega
IBM/Lenovo
Every American Car Manufacturer (Except Ford, they're the only ones who look like they have any idea what they're doing.)
Toyota

And then brands I wish would just dissapear:

Sony
Suzuki
Whatever company made that Mummy movie about the "dragon emperor" or whatever. :roll:
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:00 pm

I hope radioshack, Ace, and Best Buy stay open. I know the 3rd isn't likely to close, but if it happened to Circut City... :(
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm getting a Volvo as my first car. :) Most likely a reliable early 90s 240 sedan or station wagon, or alternatively the cooler-looking but less reliable 1999/2000 S80.
740 wagons for the win! mine is a beater and possesed by satan but its IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL

Taiben

Post by Taiben » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Id hate to see Ace go especially after True Value had so many problems. A lot of the independants switched to Ace then liek the guys in my town.

Id also hate to see Diageo go. They import all the beers i drink.
copulate all you goddamn smartasses.

J.D

Post by J.D » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:06 pm

LULZ :P :D :P :)
Last edited by J.D on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:12 pm

J.D. that post was on the second page, it was posted damn near 6 months ago. im sorry if it offends you but freaking drop it. there is no need to post even more offensive stuff. I edited your post because posting that sort of thing will only cause trouble.

rikitheshadow

Re:

Post by rikitheshadow » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:37 am

Rekarp wrote:Heh I am the exact opposite. I never trust my packages to FedEx or UPS.
I've just had too many problems with USPS in my area. They attempt deliveries and leave no note on the door like they are supposed to. I bought batteries for a camcorder i needed in 1 week, really they could make it by then and they did, they attempted delivery 3 days before i needed them, but they didn't send me a message until 2 weeks after i needed it......Another item i bought they never sent me notice, i was just lucky that i was keeping track on its location at the local USPS. Third package i bought they had it surf all and up downtown in my area for 7 days, when they where only 30 minutes from my freakin house, i tracked it.....

Not meaning to rant here.
And response was slow because i finally decided to visit old posts.

logimastertech

Post by logimastertech » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:37 pm

I personally hate ford, for me fords fail on the parts in their cars. aka found on road dead, failed on race day. but that is just me

I would hate if BMW/vw would drop, i love my jetta to much

hate to see my local radioshack, best buy, staples would go down. Oh and newegg.com - i personally love their discounts and good selection as well

Microsoft - personally i hate windoze but i do love my xbox 360 and using vista 64 atm for programs that use 64 bit

D&E internet - currently what i use at my moms house since were trying to get back on our feet.