My main gripe with the GTA Series.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj
My main gripe with the GTA Series.

Post by demonofaj » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:43 pm

I love the GTA series, I really do. But I never got why they didn't have a system for you to replay past single player missions? I just don't get it. I did my fair share of open-world mayhem, but there came a point I wanted to organize a bank robbery again, and there was one special mission that let me do that. So you know what I did, since I didn't save a separate game at that point...I STARTED A NEW ONE, and got to that point. Now, I realize you can make several save slots, but that seems impractical and unnecessary to a feature that should just be part of the game. Besides, there's that autosave feature you have to worry of, so when you finish the mission, you have to race your console to turn it off before it auto saves it past that certain fun point. I don't find racing my console to be fun, honestly. Here's an idea to Rockstar: Implement a journal system that our protagonist uses, and keeps at his safehouse. In this 'journal' we can select 'memories' [missions], and choose to replay them. Hell, put that into the cellphone feature, I'd prefer that over the ability to take cousin out to get fatter. Just my .02 cents, any one else feel the pain I do from this problem...and offer a solution as though I'm missing something?
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

robm

Re: My main gripe with the GTA Series.

Post by robm » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Great idea, I think a great feature in any of those games would be spontaneous, random-izable scenarios. Just being able to walk into a bank with a loaded gun period should start off SOME sort of random event, kind of like when you pop too many people and the cops come running.

Haven't played the newest one yet, but I can say that the games are a bit epic as it is, so maybe it's a bit much to ask than we realize.

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Try to contact Rockstar through their website. SOMEBODY may read it within the company... who knows? Perhaps they may implement it because of your email, and you would gain the coolest bragging rights ever. I can see it now:

"Hey, <insert name here>, I just beat that new GTA game. It is so cool!"

"Yah, well its because of me that they have that cool new mission replay feature!"

"<cries and runs home to mother>"
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Zeturi
PSN Username:Zeturi_

Post by Zeturi » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Basement_Modder wrote:Try to contact Rockstar through their website. SOMEBODY may read it within the company... who knows? Perhaps they may implement it because of your email, and you would gain the coolest bragging rights ever. I can see it now:

"Hey, <insert name here>, I just beat that new GTA game. It is so cool!"

"Yah, well its because of me that they have that cool new mission replay feature!"

"<cries and runs home to mother>"
I tried to do that with Lionhead Studios. They read my email, and replied,
"We will take your input into consideration. Thank you very much for your inquiry towards Fable 3."
And my request was left unanswered.
If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:44 pm

In Chinatown Wars you can replay past missions, so it's already been done.