i got shot

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Basement_Modder
Portablizer
Re: i got shot

Post by Basement_Modder » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:45 pm

I don't want to se them if they're too bloody. I get sorta squeamish around bloody gory things.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

robm

Post by robm » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Good LORD, palmertech... how did that even get set up? (Visions of buddy being like, "Here, hold this golf ball on your lips...") Hopefully, other than the scar, no other long-lasting effects from that?

Glad to hear about the positive prognosis, coleslaw... I agree with palmertech, losing eyesight is among my top 3 horrible things that could possibly happen to me, I think. No sneezing or coughing! :lol:

coleslaw

Post by coleslaw » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:25 pm

palmertech wrote:I want pics.

Like others have asked, any long term effects? I like my eyesight, and even slightly messing it up would suck hard, I would rather lose a finger or something, to be honest.

I had a "friend" who hauled ass my my face using a 9 iron gold club, cleaved my jaw clean off, broken on both sides. They have to re-attach it. Luckily, only the impact zone has a scar, the rest was more of a clean tear, so it went together nicely. I just have a scar running own from a little below the side of my lip to under my jaw, I think it makes me look badass. :wink:

And I am proud of the fact that I did not pass out, despite the fact they would not give me oral pain meds, so I had to wait till they could inject them. :lol:

We totally need a "post your worst injuries" thread!
0_o
We Bears are a proud race! You shall Pay for your insolence!

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Just to clarify, this was not recent; it was 5 or so years ago.

Me and the buddy were playing golf with wiffle balls, it was great fun. Then, he did a backswing, a firetruck that had been cruising down the street did one of those single horns to warn off this one care (The BRAAAAAAAP sound) just as he began the forward swing, and between me being startled and turning to see what it was, and him going way off target for the same reason, I got hit. :(

I was absurdly lucky, the jaw went together fine, the muscles were stitched up fine (in 8 layers, took forever), my teeth are still perfect ( :mrgreen: ) and other than a kinda messed up tongue bed (under my tongue) and a jaw that is the slightest, slightest bit shorter/squarer (A result of the trimming and notches needed to heal), I am perfectly fine. Could have been a lot of things that went wrong, but I got out fine.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I will make a general purpose injuries thread.

Excellent