exploit your noobishness

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Basement_Modder
Portablizer
exploit your noobishness

Post by Basement_Modder » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:34 pm

This thread is for finding things you said back in your noob days. Then we can all have a good laugh about it. :lol:

To start off:
Basement_Modder wrote:When you cut out that round chunk of mobo for the dd motor on the remake, did u have to bypass anything?
Of course he did! They don't make circut boards with huge, traceless chunks. :roll:

Also, just the fact that I used u instead of you is n00bish.

God, I was an idiot! :lol:
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Re: exploit your noobishness

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:44 pm

I think we had a thread like this once.
ShockSlayer wrote:Well, after my first case failed I got this one. Do you think it will be too big for an n64p?

SS
There's mine. :lol: And to think that now I'm making n64's that can fit in your pocket :lol:

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:02 am

ShockSlayer wrote:I think we had a thread like this once.
ShockSlayer wrote:Well, after my first case failed I got this one. Do you think it will be too big for an n64p?

[img](image)[/img]

SS
There's mine. :lol: And to think that now I'm making n64's that can fit in your pocket :lol:

SS
SHOCKSLAYER HAS REVEALED HIS NEXT PORTABLE N64! IT'S THE POCKET-SIZED GLUE64!
what is this i don't even

yoshilime

Post by yoshilime » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:52 am

Basement_Modder and Shakespeare, the duo who waits to make a ss related joke. :mrgreen: :lol: :D
Sometimes, life isn't fair, but you just have to work around it.

Excellent

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:56 am

I never posted it but...
My biggest problem in a portable was making it run off the same battery.
No lifetime, looks, size, or anything else, just getting to use one battery. No, crap, thats still my problem :lol:

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:31 pm

I still do not know how to use any photo editing programs other than paint and kidpix.

:oops:
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:36 pm

I use microsoft power point. :lol:
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:55 pm

eurddrue wrote:I still do not know how to use any photo editing programs other than paint and kidpix.

:oops:
I only use paint. Tried to use GIMP, but it sacrifices basic tools for useless ones (WTF?!). I sometimes use Corel Presentations to make vector-ish drawings.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Use paint.net

I love it, its awesome.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:52 pm

PhotoShop CS4. Usually I use it in place of paint (unless I'm taking a screenshot, in which case Paint takes less time to load). It's overkill, though. It's kind of like using a private jet to travel down the road two blocks.
what is this i don't even

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:12 pm

thewise1 wrote:Topic Number 1:

I am completely new to making cases, I don't even know what vacuum forming is, I think it has something to do with molding plastic.

I want to know where I can get a good case for an n64p. I've seen many guides on the net and I think I can do it. The only problem is getting the case, I think I could just put it in a plastic box when I build it to get the general size.

I don't know how to make a case, and I don't know where I could get one. I heard you could buy one from benhecks website.

Even if I got hold of a perfect case I don't know how to drill out all the holes or use that stuff you put on the case then sand it and paint it. I don't know how to paint a case either.

Topic Number 2:

How could I cool the n64 after I build it, I saw SifuFs n64p and I just wanted one, I would like a case like that but black, but I saw it had no ventilation holes, I was thinking of a fan but I don't want to suck the battery dry. I was talking to my friend about it today and he said the 64 can actually get pretty hot, he was playing a 99 stock fight on smash bros and he went to turn it off and he burned his hand. (not blister burning but it hurts)

Topic Number 3:

I want to know a guide to see where I can trim the motherboard and where I can't I really want to model my 64 after sifuf's, his looks perfect and extremely small.

Topic Number 4:

I would like to know a list of all the parts I need.
I know I need an n64, psone screen, but I want to know the best battery for use.

I don't really know any of the parts to get, like that mini power supply I need some resistors for, and the power plug itself that will work with the battery, I suppose the one from wherever I got the battery from would work but I'm not sure.

DONE

I know it's a tall order of questions but I need o know all of these. I'm basically trying to make one like SiFuF's: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=27519" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This was my first post, I whined so much, then I had to have hamerstein slap me across the face and say snap out of it. At least I used complete sentences. :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:53 pm

Gump-in-space wrote:After researching I found the 32X uses a duel cart slot, so it could be permanent. What about a duel ac adapter on the back of the consule like an N64 with a switch and throw in some batteries?

So let's say you're in genesis mode- power goes to the genesis and recharges the genesis battery- the 32X uses it's battery to run the cart slot

Or 32X mode- power runs the 32X and recharges its battery while a battery runs the genesis.
^Dumbest thing I've ever written, from about two weeks after I joined.
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

typamc95

Post by typamc95 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Considering that I was 10-11 when i joined-

does the gameboy color have a screen that meets the minimium needs of the Superjoy III?

God I was stupid :P
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:06 pm

My very first post was in techknott's GC thread:
Basement_Modder wrote:HOW do you plan on keeping the L/R buttons in their existing "pressure sensitive (digital)" state? :? I just hacked off the little slider switch and used the "pushed all-the-way in (analogue)" circut. Also, how did you manage to soldier the tiny traces on the ribbon cable??? If I tried, I'd most likely bridge contacts or use too much soldier.
I didn't post this as my most n00bish post, because, well, it doesn't sound n00bish. :P
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:25 pm

eurddrue aka da koolaid dude wrote:My pokemon silver won't save anymore, I got all of my stuff deleted :x I heard from a friend that this is because the battery in the game is going bad :( how would I replace this?
:roll: fail. I had other noobish questions too if you search all of my posts, but I never asked any of the good questions I had. *facepalm*
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts