star trek!!!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Biased
Re: star trek!!!

Post by Biased » Fri May 15, 2009 8:07 pm

Kurt_ wrote:It was poorly thought through. That's the problem with movies today.
I agree. Once a movie has inconsistencies in it I nitpick the hell out of it or think of ways it could have been way better. Also when a movie involves time travel my mind basically enters paradox mode and eventually shuts down.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the Star Trek movie because I only used to watch the original series with my dad when I was seven and it was playing on TV Land... Don't remember much of it.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Fri May 15, 2009 9:22 pm

I just picked up the Spock Special Edition Glass and the Kirk Special Edition Glass from Burger King. The Spock one is amazing. In the glass's foreground you have the new Spock. But in the background, You have the Leonard Nimoy in all his glory.

I only took the glasses out of the Box to look at them, and put them back in the boxes. I dare not to take them out of the sealed plastic packaging off that surrounds the Glasses.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed May 20, 2009 7:43 pm

I really need to pick those bad oscars up...I thouroughly enjoyed the film...therefore I must have the merchandise from one of my fav fast food chains..if only culvers could get such a deal :(
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

lazer_174300

Post by lazer_174300 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:56 pm

nightwheel wrote:I just picked up the Spock Special Edition Glass and the Kirk Special Edition Glass from Burger King. The Spock one is amazing. In the glass's foreground you have the new Spock. But in the background, You have the Leonard Nimoy in all his glory.

I only took the glasses out of the Box to look at them, and put them back in the boxes. I dare not to take them out of the sealed plastic packaging off that surrounds the Glasses.
HA I got the same ones! I like the look of kirk's, but Nemoy's on the Spock one soooo....
I agree, Spock's cup is better.
We.herd.you.liek.over.9000.so.we.put.an.all.your.base.are.belong.to.us.in.yo.car.so.you.can.belong.to.shoop.da.whoop............. while you drive. withabaseballbat

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Fri May 22, 2009 7:14 pm

I loved the movie, regardless of inconsistencies. :lol: Although, I never was too interested in the tv show.

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Wed May 27, 2009 10:34 pm

I just came back from seeing it. I'm pretty unfamiliar with the world of "Star Trek," but I really enjoyed the movie. Lots of fun!
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Thu May 28, 2009 6:40 am

The movie was AMAZING, they also made the movie where anyone could watch it and understand which is good for people who haven't seen a single star trek thing in their life. Plus I saw it on a 6 story tall Imax screen. It was unbelievable

lazer_174300

Post by lazer_174300 » Thu May 28, 2009 7:54 am

SonyPortableizer wrote:The movie was AMAZING, they also made the movie where anyone could watch it and understand which is good for people who haven't seen a single star trek thing in their life. Plus I saw it on a 6 story tall Imax screen. It was unbelievable
Whoo Hooo!! I saw it in IMAX also. Its so much sharper than when I saw it on a normal movie screen. For anyone: If you can see this movie in IMAX, please do.
We.herd.you.liek.over.9000.so.we.put.an.all.your.base.are.belong.to.us.in.yo.car.so.you.can.belong.to.shoop.da.whoop............. while you drive. withabaseballbat

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Thu May 28, 2009 7:23 pm

I finally saw it today. Sunday through Wednesday I watched all ten of the earlier movies again to get in the proper mindset.

Overall I really enjoyed it. There were a few annoying inconsistencies, but I thought the character portrayals were dead on. There were plenty of references to the earlier movies which was awesome too. I also like how it kind of fits in its own area where it can still be somewhat canon but doesn't interfere with everything else that's been done. I'd put it in the top four movies along with II, IV, and VIII.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops