Pocket TVs?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Sun-Wukong
Pocket TVs?

Post by Sun-Wukong » Fri May 08, 2009 5:43 pm

Anyone know where I could find a relatively cheap pocket TV in the 2.5" to 3" range? Also, I'm not so well versed in the world of pocket TVs, do they ever have composite video, or will I have to work with RF/something else?
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

Mario

Re: Pocket TVs?

Post by Mario » Fri May 08, 2009 6:23 pm

Have you heard of Casio pocket TVs? I'm pretty sure they accept composite input. Search around the forums a bit.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Fri May 08, 2009 8:37 pm

yes, some casio TVs work with composite.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun May 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Why bother? Pocket TVs are no longer good portable screens. First they are large for the screen size, and usually an odd shape too. And nowadays they are getting expensive and hard to find. AEIComponents has some nice screens, small, low power, and everything in your size range. And if you are cheap the Pustom screens are decent for the price.

Sun-Wukong

Post by Sun-Wukong » Mon May 11, 2009 9:10 pm

XCVG wrote:And if you are cheap the Pustom screens are decent for the price.
That sounds alright, I'd only be using it for a SuperJoy any way. I couldn't find anything on eBay or Google though, any idea where I could find one?
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Tue May 12, 2009 4:31 am

Sun-Wukong wrote: That sounds alright, I'd only be using it for a SuperJoy any way. I couldn't find anything on eBay or Google though, any idea where I could find one?
They usually show up under the title of 'back up' or 'reversing camera' from Hong Kong based sellers.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue May 12, 2009 8:20 am

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/s ... r.87419775" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

DK

Post by DK » Mon May 18, 2009 3:28 am

Does anyone know if the 3 inch screen in Brian's links takes 7.2 volts instead of 12. Hoping it's just powers a 7805 so shouldn't be too fussy about the voltage.