Pet Peeves!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Negative_Creep
Re: Pet Peeves!

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:27 pm

The only magazine I read is Mixmag, which is surprisingly low on the ads (£4.20, just over 100 pages, and includes a mixtape every issue, monthly), plus all the ads are like for festivals and club nights so they are the kind of ads you want to see.

One thing that annoys me lately is Metalheads, every genre of music has it's elitists, but these guys just take it to a whole new level, claiming that either nearly every genre of music takes either no talent, is mainstream, or for 'wannabe gangstas'. Which is quite funny, looking at the names and lyrical content of most metal bands, not to mention the average show being filled with 40 year olds that work at games workshop thinking they are cool pushing most of the littler kids arounds and beating on them.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:11 pm

One thing that annoys me lately is Metalheads
Well, F*ck you!

we despise other music genres only because most don't take talent anymore. The genres that DO take talant anymore are metal, country, and rock. That's it. Talking with a computerized vioce to a beat is not music. or talent. That is why we hate pop and rap. In fact, I feel sorry for the genre of pop because it has become so crap in the past decade. Remember old pop from 80's and previous? that stuff was actually enjoyable and I like it (HATE madonna though). But now the stuff isn't even worth listening too.

And the lyrics in metal are not bad at all. It's deep expressive symbolism. Almost none is bad. Even Marylin Manson the satanist's "the beautiful people" had meaningful sybolism stating that beauty should be whatever you want and not what some idiot tells you. Another form of great sybolism in music is Ozzy Osbourne. Ever heard his song "Dreamer" from his Down to Earth album? nuff said.

And beating on little kids? No. just no. maybe some metalheads do, but not most. That is just going to show that you do not understand the genre. In metal, the only thing being pushed around are the hateful *astards that push metalheads around.

Plus, how can you state such crap about metal? I mean you don't make sense, especially in a previous thread where you said that Pantera was one of the most popular hated and crappy band ever. Sorry, but that statement about Pantera is just really retarded.

Well, that is MY pet peeve for today: Negative-creep spouting bull S*it about metal.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:48 pm

themadhacker wrote:
One thing that annoys me lately is Metalheads
Well, F*ck you!

we despise other music genres only because most don't take talent anymore. The genres that DO take talant anymore are metal, country, and rock. That's it. Talking with a computerized vioce to a beat is not music. or talent. That is why we hate pop and rap. In fact, I feel sorry for the genre of pop because it has become so crap in the past decade. Remember old pop from 80's and previous? that stuff was actually enjoyable and I like it (HATE madonna though). But now the stuff isn't even worth listening too.

And the lyrics in metal are not bad at all. It's deep expressive symbolism. Almost none is bad. Even Marylin Manson the satanist's "the beautiful people" had meaningful sybolism stating that beauty should be whatever you want and not what some idiot tells you. Another form of great sybolism in music is Ozzy Osbourne. Ever heard his song "Dreamer" from his Down to Earth album? nuff said.

And beating on little kids? No. just no. maybe some metalheads do, but not most. That is just going to show that you do not understand the genre. In metal, the only thing being pushed around are the hateful *astards that push metalheads around.

Plus, how can you state such crap about metal? I mean you don't make sense, especially in a previous thread where you said that Pantera was one of the most popular hated and crappy band ever. Sorry, but that statement about Pantera is just really retarded.

Well, that is MY pet peeve for today: Negative-creep spouting bull S*it about metal.
I suppose that writing the general experience i've had with a few people who listen to that genre of music proves a few things.

1. a lot of the true metalheads hate Pantera for who they are, an overly-generic band that did some lame power metal thing, then dissed it later.. trendy much? Yes. Also shaving your head is neither going against the grain or nor reinventing anything.

2. Just because music doesnt have a guitar in it doesnt make it the only talented genre of music. I don't see you breaking out any of the Funk and Soul music.

2 and a half. There are more genres of music than Rock, Hip Hop & Pop

3. Thanks for striking a nerve, insulting me without backing up any arguments and proving my point that metalheads like to talk out their arse

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:52 pm

[quote="themadhacker"The genres that DO take talant anymore are metal, country, and rock. [/quote]

Opera? Classical? :wink:

Excellent

Mario

Post by Mario » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:54 pm

I hate fine print. Can't stand it. Why do they need it? If idiots weren't suing for stupid reasons, we wouldn't need all this freakin' fine print all over everything! :| Even for copyrights, too. I just hate small text on anything.

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:56 pm

palmertech wrote:Opera? Classical? :wink:

Hells yes! I make my living by Classical. :mrgreen:
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Funk and Soul
while I do not like soul, I will have to say that those take very much talent. I just forgot about those genres. I was only really talking about the popular genres anyway. I rarely hear much about funk or soul.

Opera? Classical?
That takes a lot of talent, but does not count, as I said "The genres that DO take talant anymore are metal, country, and rock."

oh yeah, and before anybody mentions it, bluegrass takes real talent too. And I actually like bluegrass, ironically enough.

1. a lot of the true metalheads hate Pantera for who they are, an overly-generic band that did some lame power metal thing, then dissed it later.. trendy much? Yes. Also shaving your head is neither going against the grain or nor reinventing anything.
Really? it must be a local thing for your area. Everybody from my local area who is a metalhead loves Pantera.

metalheads like to talk out their arse
Now that's just going too far. I was backing up my love for metal. You insulted metalheads, so I insulted rap and pop. You made fun of me, so I made fun of you. I think we are even now. you go on with your life now, and I'll go on with mine.
Last edited by themadhacker on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Once again guys, this topic is to talk about pet peeves, not to throw insults back and forth at each other. I suggest you stop it, or if you want to continue your conversation use private messages.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm

"Closerized."

8)
Hey, sup?

Mario

Post by Mario » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Pet peeve? :P

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Black Six's pet peeve is not being the one to lock a thread.

He won't admit it, but I know he secretly unlocks every locked thread, and locks it himself, whispering "Closerized" as he does it.
Last edited by Kurt_ on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, sup?

Mario

Post by Mario » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:42 pm

:lol:

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Fri May 01, 2009 7:02 am

I've been found out!

If you'd really like to know, one of my pet peeves is people who fail to stay to the right. You're cruising down the highway and then you see someone up ahead in the left lane doing exactly the speed limit when there are one or two lanes to their right with no one in them. Usually I'm in one of those lanes (because I do stay to the right), but it baffles me to no end why they think they should be there.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Fri May 01, 2009 7:37 am

I hate it when people don't use their turn signals.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri May 01, 2009 1:55 pm

Mario wrote::lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;