Pet Peeves!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Sun-Wukong
Re: Pet Peeves!

Post by Sun-Wukong » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:00 pm

When people refer to any game with fighting in it as a fighting game.

"Got any fighting games?"

"I have Gears of War 2."

"Go jump off a bridge."
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:18 am

I thought of another one: irritating people in online games.

I have two examples from "Team Fortress 2":

1.) I was a Sniper. This one kid kept standing in front of my scope, in one case totally screwing up what would have been a perfect headshot. Instead, the bullet did nothing and the enemy I was aiming at was alerted.

2.) In a recent match, another kid starting making really irritating noises into his headset and generally pissed the team off.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:55 am

Another one from TF2:

HLSS.

Oh man do I HATE HLSS users. They can all go die in a fire. (And they do, once I find them. :twisted:) (140.5 hours as Pyro)

HLSS is one of the systems that automatically plays music over voice chat. Yes, in a clan with your friends it can be fun, but when some dumb kid on a public server starts blasting Linkin Park or some other emo garbage that wasn't properly encoded (lots of crackling and overdrive) it gets very annoying very quickly.

Oh, and I also hate all the "hurr pyro takes no skill" idiots. If you play Pyro right (sneak, burn, Axtinguish), instead of doing it wrong (W+M1), you don't get kills because you only have a shotgun for a ranged weapon. Usually I only get whiners when I get in the top 3 because they kept letting me behind them, like the first cap on Badwater or sneaking through the canals in Well. Usually if the opportunity is there, I change to another class like Demoman for the last few seconds on pubs, even if I was playing Pyro for the last 20 minutes.

Getting auto-balanced to Team Sucksalot isn't very fun, either. But as long as the idiots continue to ragequit, you wind up with 2 good, but smaller, teams.

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:08 pm

Autobalance works against me, I swear. Whenever I join the team with all my friends on it, I die and get booted to the other team with none of my friends on it, and nobody has a mic. Whenever I create a new server and I turn autobalance off to prevent that from happening, whatever team I'm on ends up having nine members and the other team will have, at most, three. At that point, either nobody will move to the other team voluntarily to help balance it out, or everyone will so the imbalance is totally intact, just on opposite teams.

I also hate when teams turtle. They'll fortify their base so heavily nobody can get in, but nobody comes out to try to capture the intelligence, either. The opposite also sucks (leaving the base completely open to attack because everyone's going after the other team's intelligence at once).
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:24 am

Kurt_ wrote:What's wrong with your hair?
Is your hair a weird colour?
Why is it all spikey like that?
Why did you do that?
You know your hair isn't normal, right?

???
Small minded people who fear and mock anything thats even slightly different from them
I actually like this. People leave you alone, don't mess with you (or even make eye contact unless they're really bold), and are generally good-natured towards you. Besides, it's one less thing for YOU to fear.

:lol:

I do it because i like it, i know its not normal, but i dont why people should care. Its only hair after all.

I wouldn't mind it if they left me alone, that'd be perfect. Instead you get people picking fights with you.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:53 am

eurddrue wrote:
ShockSlayer wrote:Remove those " 's at once! :P
that guy whose name escapes me wrote: Especially ones who act tough and mouth off 'cos they're 'ard' when in reality they're half my height and if it wasn't for the police I'd gladly stomp them into the ground.
Agreed.

SS
I always used to do that, until this year I got my ass kicked by a senior :( Haven't done it since. That was a major blow to my confidence. I went from the top of mount everest, to the plains of crappy, starving ethiopia.
finally got put in your place, eh? im safe from that, because all the seniors are scared of me :D
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:52 pm

samjc3 wrote:
eurddrue wrote:
that guy whose name is still escaping me wrote: Especially ones who act tough and mouth off 'cos they're 'ard' when in reality they're half my height and if it wasn't for the police I'd gladly stomp them into the ground.
Agreed.

SS
I always used to do that, until this year I got my ass kicked by a senior :( Haven't done it since. That was a major blow to my confidence. I went from the top of mount everest, to the plains of crappy, starving ethiopia.
finally got put in your place, eh? im safe from that, because all the seniors are scared of me :D
I just look down at them with my massiveness. It's all about having the right personality with the right people.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:43 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:
samjc3 wrote:
eurddrue wrote:
that guy whose name is still escaping me wrote: Especially ones who act tough and mouth off 'cos they're 'ard' when in reality they're half my height and if it wasn't for the police I'd gladly stomp them into the ground.
Agreed.

SS
I just look down at them with my massiveness. It's all about having the right personality with the right people.

SS
me too. how tall are you?
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Super Cameraman

Post by Super Cameraman » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:47 pm

themadhacker wrote:And kurt, I wouldn't say that about jews. Especially since one of our active mebers is jewish (i think.)
Make it two, I guess. (I'm not a meber though)

I'm really beginning to hate guitarists. Not professionals or anything, but teens who buy an Epiphone or something, memorize some TAB's and think they're like a guitar god or something. I'm not saying I'm great at guitar (and I do own an Epiphone) but it's not my main instrument. That would be clarinet/saxophone. Teenage guitarists generally have no ear and can't hear if a TAB (which anyone can submit to a website) is wrong.

Also on my list of pet peeves:
Uggs, Abercrombie, Holister and etc. And now all of a sudden, Ed Hardy? It's like everyone at my school is wearing that now.

OOh another one! Sports fans. I HATE it when people refer to a sports team as "us" or something. Like "Did you see us last night? We totally beasted you in that thing... yada yada yada." It's like all they talk about. Do they know that the team doesn't know who they are at all? They are not part of the team. It's hard to explain why, but it pisses me off.

And people that can't read out loud at all.

And biting the inside of my mouth!!! The more I bite, the more swollen it gets, and then I bite it more! I was bleeding the other day, it was rough.

People in our high school band who don't practice at all also annoy me.

And about this whole religion thing, I just find that whenever religion is brought up, whether it be good or bad, people will be offended. To me, antisemitism is almost funny. I've sort of just stopped caring because I don't think about what they said, just how ignorant they are for saying it.
If you're looking at this post and it was made before 2008, just ignore it.

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Post by DJ711 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Super Cameraman wrote:
themadhacker wrote:And kurt, I wouldn't say that about jews. Especially since one of our active mebers is jewish (i think.)

OOh another one! Sports fans. I HATE it when people refer to a sports team as "us" or something. Like "Did you see us last night? We totally beasted you in that thing... yada yada yada." It's like all they talk about. Do they know that the team doesn't know who they are at all? They are not part of the team. It's hard to explain why, but it pisses me off.
I agree, it also annoys me when sports fans refer to a player like "Oh he sucks!" OR "He is so bad." beacause they made it to a professional league and they are much better than them and they have no right to talk like that about someone who is way better.

It also annoys me when teenagers bet on sports games and then announce the scores in the middle of a class.
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:56 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:Funny you should ask.
hah! i win! i are moar taller! 8)
AfroLH wrote:

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:06 pm

How much?

SS

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:08 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:How much?

SS
4 inches. and im 2 years younger
AfroLH wrote:

Spyder12587

Post by Spyder12587 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 am

I hate on eBay when a seller lists his/her game as "complete" and then after reading the description, you find out it's not. Complete means it has everything it originally came with (I'd forgive the little caution pamphlets and ads most games came with) but missing posters, maps, guides, etc. is not a complete game. I've wasted many hours looking at listings that claim to be complete yet are far from it.

Random, but have you ever seen a price for Buy It Now on eBay where you just wanted to message the seller and be like, "You're an idiot"?
There is no black or white but rather a million shades of gray...