Build a nes controller (long read)

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

footinmouth
Build a nes controller (long read)

Post by footinmouth » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:00 am

I'm really close to finishing my portable nes, the screen finally works, I found better solder so that the crap lead free stuff wont seal my projects in its concrete and I actually have a decent case for my NESP. The only problem however, is that I need to wire the CD4021 nes IC and all the wires to it. The buttons have been mounted in the case with hot glue (I'll put pictures in soon) and they have been tested and all work. My problemn is that I don't know where to place the resistors, between 5 volts and the button pin on the ic or five volts directly to the button pin and a resistor from the button pin to the button. there was a site i saw that showed a nes controller rebuilt on a breadboard but I can't seem to find it. I'm going by this schematic, I would like some help to try to build the nes controller.
i hate how electronic part suppliers give you an option on their website to filter your searches so that you can find a certain part and no results come up!

footinmouth

Post by footinmouth » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:34 am

OH COME ON!!! I'm guessing by the fact that no one is replying that no one wants to help.
i hate how electronic part suppliers give you an option on their website to filter your searches so that you can find a certain part and no results come up!

jleemero

Re: Build a nes controller (long read)

Post by jleemero » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:52 am

Or perhaps nobody wanted to read through your gigantic completely break-less post so that they may preserve their vision and sanity.

You can thank Seb for that.

manuba
PSN Username:w33dw4c3r
Steam ID:Truckstop13

Post by manuba » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:37 am

Or maybe you should read Ben's book! You are using his forum and bandwidth so perhaps you could pick up his book and not ask questions that have already been answered by the god of mod :wink:

footinmouth

Post by footinmouth » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:25 am

manuba wrote:Or maybe you should read Ben's book! You are using his forum and bandwidth so perhaps you could pick up his book and not ask questions that have already been answered by the god of mod :wink:
i found a way to make it work, I can successfully push the start button (the other buttons haven't been soldered on yet). Thanks for your help but I have another idea. I found a site that has almost every part http://www.tme.eu/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm thinking of using surface mount components to make my assembled pcb smaller so that i wont have a million resistors leaching off of the board like a do now. I recently got Diptrace