NES laptop

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

limpport
NES laptop

Post by limpport » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:12 pm

I used the forums search for "nes laptop", but didn't find anyone working on an actual laptop.

So I'm hoping I've come up with an original idea. I want to use an NES Advantage as the bottom part, and an 8" screen as the top. I know somebody is thinking "but wait, the controller stik will break the screen wen u shut it lol". I'm planning on cutting it off, drilling a hole in the bottom and top piece, and using a screw and female threaded piece so it can screw back together.

I will keep the slow and turbo buttons, but I will get rid of the player 1/player 2 switch between, and just have a player 2 port. I have a Yobo NOAC and the Advantage in the mail to me already.

I've been messing around with Adobe Illustrator, but I'll post those when I get all of the mock-ups done.

Oh, and help me fund this by buying my Genesis and games. There's a link in my sig. :wink:

oddmidge

Re: NES laptop

Post by oddmidge » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:29 pm

sounds great man cant wait to see it all done.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:03 am

Umm. somebody already had the exact same idea as you. They were going to make a laptop using nes advantage and a 7 inch screen. The guy was going to use an actual nes though.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

limpport

Post by limpport » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Really? I thought I was going to be original :( Is it posted on the forums somewhere?

limpport

Post by limpport » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:02 am

Hackmodford wrote:Are you thinking of something like a gameboy sp? Where the screen flips up? Or are you thinking of having the controls in your lap mounted on the base. That way you play it like an arcade machine... kinda of a neat idea :wink:
I was thinking around the lines of an SP, with the screen flipping up. Though a NES cabinet sounds good.....

Zeturi
PSN Username:Zeturi_

Post by Zeturi » Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Yeah... this guy attempted it, but never finished. (No dremel) :lol:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27577" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Wed May 13, 2009 7:53 pm

ANOTHER NES laptop? Gee, I guess exploding_monkey was right, we totally should have a special forum just for retro system laptops! :lol:

(Anybody else remember that thread?)

Excellent

Sun-Wukong

Post by Sun-Wukong » Wed May 13, 2009 8:17 pm

palmertech wrote:ANOTHER NES laptop? Gee, I guess exploding_monkey was right, we totally should have a special forum just for retro system laptops! :lol:

(Anybody else remember that thread?)
This guy does.
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Wed May 13, 2009 8:25 pm

me too.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed May 13, 2009 8:46 pm

:oops: Unfortunately, I believe I was a dick (imagine that, eurddrue was a dick :roll: ) in that thread.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Zeturi
PSN Username:Zeturi_

Post by Zeturi » Wed May 13, 2009 9:31 pm

Oh yeah, just wondering... I'm not shunned forever for not finishing a project, right? :( I know it was my first, and I abandoned it, my post count is sub-100, and I still don't have a sig...
If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

Not done anything, has lame sig... Hmm, sounds like me! :wink:

Nobody shuns for not finishing, we just encourage. :mrgreen:

Excellent