PSP slim broken battery latch?

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Aguiluz
PSP slim broken battery latch?

Post by Aguiluz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:24 am

I have the blue PSP slim and the battery latch button broke off. I can't put it back, can I? :/

palmertech

Re: PSP slim broken battery latch?

Post by palmertech » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Nope. In fact, the PSP is in danger of exploding! :shock: Quick, sell it to me as fast as you can! ;)

Which part of the clip broke off, it is very likely that there is a replacement part on dealextreme.

Excellent

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:28 pm

palmertech wrote:Nope. In fact, the PSP is in danger of exploding! :shock: Quick, sell it to me as fast as you can! ;)

Which part of the clip broke off, it is very likely that there is a replacement part on dealextreme.
Haha yeah, dealextreme is the best, got 3 things Im waiting on from there :P

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Palmertech: When you open the battery, you press this button and the cover pops off. That button has broken off.

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:54 am

just stick a pen in there or something like that ( unless you like using proper tools for opening up a battery case that doesnt like coming off properly... ) to open it without breaking something ( i have never broken that button, so my pen idea might not work... )

and buy a new battery cover off dealextreme, datel, sony or some other website/store that sells them... ( eb games is aplace that used to, if your lucky, they still might in ur area.... )

And put it on when it comes to you....

colosalblack

Post by colosalblack » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:37 am

You could buy one of those larger battery covers that can fit a psp fat's 1800 mah batteries so you'll have some more juice on your psp. :D